Is there a Nellies Beach Cabana Map?

rclibertygirl5

Just at Nellie's Beach cabana last week. The pictures on this site are of Nellie's Beach. the picture with the six cabanas that says "low tide" are the ones we rented. We had the first cabana to the left of the picture and the first one on that side of the beach. There are four other cabanas on the other side of the beach that are called Over the water also. Just behind our cabana, there was a sidewalk and behind that were the beach cabanas enclosed in a three foot wall with a gate to enter. Columbus Beach is just outside the encloser around the front cabanas. You have to walk about 500 feet to get over the hill onto Columbus Beach. These cabanas in the photo on this thread are on the left hand side of Nellies. Everything is quite close for walking around Labadee. It looks a lot larger than it really is.

Thank you so much for your quick, and helpful reply! It is greatly appreciated!! :)

• 1 year later...

I don't have a map, but I've doctored up a few pics, and taken some of our Nellies Hillside Cabana and the others. Hopefully it will help you.

In this first set, I've marked up someone else's pictures to give you a general "lay of the land". My own pics will follow.

These pics were taken by Curtis (bionicman97) (we cruised at the very same time) See his wonderful review of Freedom here.

Labadeepic001.jpg

Labadeepic000.jpg

Labadeepic002.jpg

As mentioned earlier, ours was a Hillside Cabana at Nellie's Beach - up high and very private

which is what I wanted. It was a short walk down some steps to the beach.

P1060520.jpg

^ DW relaxing on the cushy lounger. NOTE: There were 4 blue towels provided. We didn't know that, and had brought 2 from the ship.

Note also the red cooler, behind my beach bag. It contained 3 large bottles of water and lots of ice.

P1060524.jpg

^ Looking out at the two loungers in the sun (didn't get as much use as it was so hot)

P9180223.jpg

^ This was our Cabana viewed from the water. I was almost at the limit of the "swim area"

P1060525.jpg

^ From our Cabana looking right, a partial view of the ship.

P1060541.jpg

^ Full view of our ship (I had to go out on the porch to get the full view)

more....

P1060526.jpg

^ This one taken full right, and now you can see part of Barefoot Beach with the Barefoot Cabana's (seperate entrance and beach)

(exception - portion of deck shown in top right corner is the last Hillside Cabana on our side of Nellie's beach)

P1060527.jpg

^ View out the left of our Cabana, showing Nellie's beach and some of the over-water Cabana's

P9180227.jpg

^ Similar view, but taken from the water perspective

P9180232.jpg

^ Showing the Shrimp Skewers served at the Cabana Lunch buffet

P9180231.jpg

^ Showing the Steaks offered at the Cabana Lunch Buffet

The upgraded lunch buffet, and lack of lines, (and flies) was the "icing on the cake".

Enjoy, whichever Cabana you choose!

Edited by erin_cruisers

So the pic that Melbur posted are over the water correct or was it beach? I am still confused about that pic.

I've seen pictures of the Beach Cabanas. If you see any pictures showing people on Nellies Beach you will notice a small wall behind them (privacy) and then Beach Cabanas. They are flat on the beach and there is a gate to go through that puts you right on the beach. No one but other beach cabana "renters" can go behind this small wall. Check out various pictures of people on the beach. I believe future renters pay $225 for beach and hillside and $250 for over water....BUT this is only for Nellies Beach. Barefoot Beach and cabanas are only for "Suite" passengers.

more....

P1060526.jpg

^ This one taken full right, and now you can see part of Barefoot Beach with the Barefoot Cabana's (seperate entrance and beach)

(exception - portion of deck shown in top right corner is the last Hillside Cabana on our side of Nellie's beach)

P1060527.jpg

^ View out the left of our Cabana, showing Nellie's beach and some of the over-water Cabana's

P9180227.jpg

^ Similar view, but taken from the water perspective

P9180232.jpg

^ Showing the Shrimp Skewers served at the Cabana Lunch buffet

P9180231.jpg

^ Showing the Steaks offered at the Cabana Lunch Buffet

The upgraded lunch buffet, and lack of lines, (and flies) was the "icing on the cake".

Enjoy, whichever Cabana you choose!

Did you (Cabana person on Nellie Beach) eat at Barefoot Beach with the "suite" people?

That's a great perk for renting a cabana if it's true.

Did you (Cabana person on Nellie Beach) eat at Barefoot Beach with the "suite" people?

That's a great perk for renting a cabana if it's true.

Im not sure if they have a special lunch buffet just for Nellie's Beach patrons or whether it was for Barefoot too. You just flash your wrist band and they let you in. I never asked, and when we finally got there (it was around 1PM, there was only two other couples eating.

They made DW a made-to-order steak and grilled up some nice hot shrimp skewers for me.

It was the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

Im not sure if they have a special lunch buffet just for Nellie's Beach patrons or whether it was for Barefoot too. You just flash your wrist band and they let you in. I never asked, and when we finally got there (it was around 1PM, there was only two other couples eating.

They made DW a made-to-order steak and grilled up some nice hot shrimp skewers for me.

It was the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

The buffet for cabana customers is for both Nellie's and Barefoot Beach (ie Suite guests). It is actually located at Barefoot Beach, hence the required wristband to get in and enjoy.

Thanks Marklodi. We have a cabana booked for a next year, 2014, cruise. I'm trying to tell from ErinCruiser's beautiful pictures if the water is roped off. Is one area for just Nellie's Beach, and then around the bend is it roped off for Barefoot Beach? I thought someone wrote that Nellie's Beach Cabana people can also swim on Barefoot Beach....I don't know why you would want to, just asking. I know pictures and maps make this all look so big. How long does it take to walk from one beach to the next. Did you ever go to the other side of the island? I guess it's real rocky there and that's the Atlantic Ocean side so it's also rougher waters????

The buffet for cabana customers is for both Nellie's and Barefoot Beach (ie Suite guests). It is actually located at Barefoot Beach, hence the required wristband to get in and enjoy.

I think you might have meant to say for ALL Barefoot Beach Suite guests and Nellie's CABANA guests. All those guests on the sand beach at Nellies and Columbus Cove guests have a separate selection of food....

Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure. The reason is, that we didn't enter the food area from the normal entrance.

When our cabana attendant took us for lunch, he said "Follow me", and we went through a tall locked gate that was right by the Nellies beach entrance.

He said we could go back out through that gate, but please make sure we locked it on the way out. Which we complied with. I guess for them it makes sense as the route is shorter. For us, it didn't matter.

Thanks Marklodi. We have a cabana booked for a next year, 2014, cruise. I'm trying to tell from ErinCruiser's beautiful pictures if the water is roped off. Is one area for just Nellie's Beach, and then around the bend is it roped off for Barefoot Beach? I thought someone wrote that Nellie's Beach Cabana people can also swim on Barefoot Beach....I don't know why you would want to, just asking. I know pictures and maps make this all look so big. How long does it take to walk from one beach to the next. Did you ever go to the other side of the island? I guess it's real rocky there and that's the Atlantic Ocean side so it's also rougher waters????

There really isn't any reason to go to the Barefoot beach as far as I can figure.

The beach at Nellie's is great. Sandy, no water shoes needed. and large enough. There was a roped off area, as I swam out to it - it ended right at the foot of our cabana.

There were lots of people snorkeling out past the roped off area.

I didn't take my snorkel set that visit, but I will this time (April '14).

Edited by erin_cruisers

I think you might have meant to say for ALL Barefoot Beach Suite guests and Nellie's CABANA guests. All those guests on the sand beach at Nellies and Columbus Cove guests have a separate selection of food....

Hi. Heh - just semantics, but the first part of my first sentence was "The buffet for cabana customers..." but your version sounds good too. :)

Wish I could answer your follow-up questions, but we have not been to Labadee yet - our first visit will be next May on the Oasis. I just had the buffet info from lots of research here and through the excursion info on RCI's site. Plus it's food-related, and I tend to be very attentive to that particular topic. :)

Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure. The reason is, that we didn't enter the food area from the normal entrance.

When our cabana attendant took us for lunch, he said "Follow me", and we went through a tall locked gate that was right by the Nellies beach entrance.

He said we could go back out through that gate, but please make sure we locked it on the way out. Which we complied with. I guess for them it makes sense as the route is shorter. For us, it didn't matter.

There really isn't any reason to go to the Barefoot beach as far as I can figure.

The beach at Nellie's is great. Sandy, no water shoes needed. and large enough. There was a roped off area, as I swam out to it - it ended right at the foot of our cabana.

There were lots of people snorkeling out past the roped off area.

I didn't take my snorkel set that visit, but I will this time (April '14).

Glenn: Do you remember the number of the hillside cabana you had? I am looking for one with some privacy and that specific number would be helpful. Thanks!

I wish they had numbers. I saw none.

However....

If you are looking at the Cabanas from the water - it would be Hillside Cabana #1 or #2 you want. (the far left.)(we had number two)

If you are looking at the Cabanas from back of the beach - so the one's at your far left are #1 #2, and so forth, then the two most private are the second last, and last ones (at your far right).

Hope this helps.

Edited by erin_cruisers

I wish they had numbers. I saw none.

However....

If you are looking at the Cabanas from the water - it would be Hillside Cabana #1 or #2 you want. (the far left.)(we had number two)

If you are looking at the Cabanas from back of the beach - so the one's at your far left are #1 #2, and so forth, then the two most private are the second last, and last ones (at your far right).

Hope this helps.

Just what I needed. Thanks for the info!

• 3 months later...
it's very hard to picture - the hilltop facing the ship wraps around and drops towards these OTW facing the beach - you can see I took this from the beach out towards the ship as opposed to the hilltop from the ship - I know sounds confusing

I know this thread is older but could you tell me what cabanas are better... Hillside or beach... And what cabana would be more private? If I was to book before our cruise could I reserve the one I want or is it first come first serve for picking the cabanas? Thanks in advance

We have a booked reservation for "over the water"...all adults or at least grown-ups. If you have little children you would maybe want the ones on the beach. Here is a great post....be sure to scan all the way down, lots of pictures. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883http://

You don't get your pick of which one, kinda like a first come first serve from what I read. Good luck..... if you book one of these cabanas you also get to upgrade to the better lunch with those on the "private" beach...(higher room categories.)

We had an over the water last year, this year all we could get was hillside. I'm glad i found this thread, I was a little bummed but it looks like Hillside is just as nice, only difference as far as I can see is no direct access to water.

Here's some pics of our Nellie's over the water, including water access:

April2013cruise161_zps82b4fc07.jpg

April2013cruise162_zps1c33abeb.jpg

April2013cruise153_zpsb46c5b3d.jpg

We had an over the water last year, this year all we could get was hillside. I'm glad i found this thread, I was a little bummed but it looks like Hillside is just as nice, only difference as far as I can see is no direct access to water.

Here's some pics of our Nellie's over the water, including water access:

April2013cruise161_zps82b4fc07.jpg

April2013cruise162_zps1c33abeb.jpg

April2013cruise153_zpsb46c5b3d.jpg

Thanks for the pics and info! We booked the over the water cabana for this years cruise. I browsed through your pics... They were fabulous! Do they normally have breakfast at sorrentos? We went on the allure and I don't remember that being an option. Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This thread is very informative and now I am completely confused......

We are booked in a Grand Suite and I noticed on the RCCL website that there are cabanas you can book ahead and then some that say for Grand Suite Guests and above -

Can someone please explain - we want to book a cabana, we have been to other Islands and love the use of the cabana. I have not been to Labadee in 20+ years....none of this was here then :)

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

thanks

The cabanas you can book now anyone can book and they are on Nellie Beach. There are 3 types, beach, over the water and hillside. Nellie beach is a public beach so it can get crowded.

The grand suite suite and above cabanas are on a beach called Barefoot Beach and that beach is reserved for suite guests only. So only suite guests can rent a cabana there but u really can't reserve them ahead of time. Since you are in a suite you can email the concierge and let them know you are interested in one. I hope that helps:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app