What am I doing wrong? Excursion ?

Hi everyone! My husband and I leave on our first cruise, Oasis of the Seas, on October 20.... Our first port day is in Nassau and there is an excursion that I want to book. However, when I try to book it, it keeps telling me that the excursions for that port are unavailable and to try back closer to sail date... It lets me look at them for the other 2 ports (St. Thomas and St. Marten). It has given me this message for the last week.... Am I doing something wrong? Who should I contact about this? Thanks so much!!

Keep checking, if this was late August or September I would be more worried, but given that you right around the date this SHOULD be available to you, they may be making last minute changes.

Hi everyone! My husband and I leave on our first cruise, Oasis of the Seas, on October 20.... Our first port day is in Nassau and there is an excursion that I want to book. However, when I try to book it, it keeps telling me that the excursions for that port are unavailable and to try back closer to sail date... It lets me look at them for the other 2 ports (St. Thomas and St. Marten). It has given me this message for the last week.... Am I doing something wrong? Who should I contact about this? Thanks so much!!

Don't worry! The excursions will open soon! I am on the Allure on October 21st and our excursions opened like this: Cozumel first, Labadee about a week later, and then Falmouth a couple of days later (today).

Today is the 1st day all of the ports excursions were open to book! Nassau should open any day now.

Hope this helps! And have fun on your cruise! :D

Thanks so much for the replies! I'm sure it was a silly question... but I'm just trying to get everything done and in order since this is our first cruise. :) I can't even begin to express how helpful cruise critic has been to me!

Be prepared to be overwhelmed (in a good way) Doing your first cruise and on Oasis you will absolutely love it! :) Even the planning is part of the fun!

Thanks so much for the replies! I'm sure it was a silly question... but I'm just trying to get everything done and in order since this is our first cruise. :) I can't even begin to express how helpful cruise critic has been to me!

Great first cruise and great ports (though I'm tired of Nassau) My main advice, have a great time and do as much as you can/want to, but don't stress about seeing/doing everything, they do let you come back again ;)

You would be better off just getting off the ship. There are taxi's that will take you anywhere. The excursions are expensive and you can do the same things at more than half the price if you just get off the ship and find a taxi.

I posted about this earlier as well. We are on Monarch October 19th, and I can't get to the excursions. I can see the excursions for my Jan cruise without an issue.

Some operators may shut down for low season (hurricane), so it may take more time to sort out who is operating in Sept- Nov than in Jan to March when everyone is firing on all cylinders. Being on Island time, local operators may still be figuring out who is working for them ( how much capacity they can offer) if they will have enough business to afford to stay open at all ( demand) and expat operators often use this time to head off island to see families etc, so the cruise ship just might not have a firm handle on this yet!

Some operators may shut down for low season (hurricane), so it may take more time to sort out who is operating in Sept- Nov than in Jan to March when everyone is firing on all cylinders. Being on Island time, local operators may still be figuring out who is working for them ( how much capacity they can offer) if they will have enough business to afford to stay open at all ( demand) and expat operators often use this time to head off island to see families etc, so the cruise ship just might not have a firm handle on this yet!

I never thought about that!! Thanks so much for the possible explanation!

Archived