Ocean Princess Buffet

Gbeman

We will be sailing on the Ocean very soon and I have a question that it seems I should know.....

We are avid Any Time Diners and on the larger ships we often go to the buffet. On a recent Sea Princess sailing of 29 days we entered the MDR exactly twice. Once for dinner and once for the big boutique outlet sale. Not that we don't like the food, we do. We are just..... (OK Truth)....:o I am just way too ADHD , like a five year old wired up on Mountain Dew. Sitting through dinner is, well, you get the idea. :D

So, the question is.... Is the buffet an option for dinner on the Ocean? We were on the Royal (New) a few years ago and it sure seems like we were in the MDR most nights.

Since the ship is all traditional dining we will make an appearance to inform the waiters, head waiter and table mates that our absence from the table is NOT about them. We also plan to tip with auto tip so they wont get shorted.

Thanks a heap!

That answers my question quite well and will save my marriage! Whew, If Christine had to tolerate me through 15 sit down dinners I'm afraid the 22nd anni may have been the last! :)

I realize your question is answered, but I just wanted to warn you not to expect quite as many food options on the OP's buffet as on the other ships. I was disappointed with the selection whereas on other ships, I'm completely satisfied. If you aren't a picky eater, then you should be fine. ;)

If you aren't a picky eater, then you should be fine. ;)

LOL, You have obviously NEVER seen my picture! :D About as picky as your average bear. Actually very much appreciate the heads up as Mom in Law is with us on this one and I will have a better life if I prepare her for all possibilities.

LOL, You have obviously NEVER seen my picture! :D About as picky as your average bear. Actually very much appreciate the heads up as Mom in Law is with us on this one and I will have a better life if I prepare her for all possibilities.

I am extremely picky and have found Ocean and Pacific buffets just fine for me.

We ate at the buffet for breakfasts and some lunches, and found it to be good, and not a madhouse like those on the larger ships. Plenty of places to sit down and enjoyed sitting outside as well. But, we tried the Bistro dining one night and weren't thrilled with it...

is it available daily and nightly? We never eat in the dinning room anymore, but have always enjoyed the buffet and pizza and burgers and ice cream, as you can see, we never go hungry. Is all this available most of the time? Even though we are elite, we've never cruised on the Pacific or Ocean Princess, but we will in Oct!!!!

is it available daily and nightly? We never eat in the dinning room anymore, but have always enjoyed the buffet and pizza and burgers and ice cream, as you can see, we never go hungry. Is all this available most of the time? Even though we are elite, we've never cruised on the Pacific or Ocean Princess, but we will in Oct!!!!

Pizza is available every day; all day. Night depends on whether there's a buffet setup or bistro.

It is not a separate pizzeria like on the the larger ships...it is window in the buffet area with several types of pizza on display...I think the space doubled as the omelet station in the morning...I don't remember them having a burger area like the larger ships, but maybe someone with a better memory can help!!

It is not a separate pizzeria like on the the larger ships...it is window in the buffet area with several types of pizza on display...I think the space doubled as the omelet station in the morning... correct

I don't remember them having a burger area like the larger ships, but maybe someone with a better memory can help!!

Burger area is outside the buffet area on the starboard side.

Archived