capital 1 points fruit or champane

gumdrop38

I used up my points for champagne. I organized a group cruise and figured we could use some for that. I didn't want to get the fruit basket because there is plenty of fresh fruit onboard, plus you can't take whatever you don't eat off the ship. I hope the champagne is nice, not the cheap stuff they give away for prizes.

I used up the remainder of my points when I booked our upcoming cruise. We ended up with 4 champagne baskets. We did not get the fruit either for the same reason that montekat mentioned. I believe that some had said a while back that the champagne is Korbel.

Yup, the champagne is Korbel.

We had a lot of points to use up on our last cruise since I'm not getting the new card. It was too late to get any money off the price of the cruise, and I couldn't upgrade since the ship was full, so I ended up with 12 bottles of the stuff. It's drinkable but we all got pretty sick of it by the last day!

I have some Capital one points...but have no clue how you get champagne?

The only thing I found to redeem the points for was a certificate for $100 off of a cruise. Where do you do the champagne?

thanks all,

Esmerelda

You have to call CapitalOne; I used 1-800-928-2536. You have to speak with a representative who will tell you how many points you have and help you to redeem them. It is 700 pts. for either a fruit basket or a bottle of champagne. I'm not sure if you will still be able to redeem points, I don't remember the cut-off date in order to call. Doesn't hurt to try.

700 points for fruits?? Hmm, you can get fruit for free on the ship- use your points for the champagne...at least if you dont drink it you can takle it home--unlike the basket of fruit.

You have to call CapitalOne; I used 1-800-928-2536. You have to speak with a representative who will tell you how many points you have and help you to redeem them. It is 700 pts. for either a fruit basket or a bottle of champagne. I'm not sure if you will still be able to redeem points, I don't remember the cut-off date in order to call. Doesn't hurt to try.

I think end of May is cutoff for using points. I am gonna have to get busy & call & use mine too.

We opted to get the fruit basket because we do not like Champaigne. It was the sorriest excuse for a fruit basket I ever saw. It was a very small basket with 2 over ripe bananas, 2 oranges, 2 mushy kiwis a bag of unsalted almonds and dried appricots. The fruit on board was much nicer looking.

Archived