Booking a Christmas cruise

loobs40

I want to book the Xmas and NewYear cruise on Jade in Europe this year. Although we normally have an internal cabin, I want to splash out a bit and go for a Balcony. The flights are all booked so they are not an issue.

Prices for this cruise are still high (naturally, its Xmas) so I'm looking at a couple of options. I am a Bronze Latitudes member and I have a future cruise deposit voucher of $250. Should I

• Hang on as late as possible to get a last minute bargain?
  • Book now with an US agency such as ************* as it seems that it is possible to get price drops even after you have paid your deposit ? That's not an option when booking in the UK (where I am from) as you are fixed into the price you agree on, whether or not the price drops later.

Does anyone have any experience of booking a GTY cabin and getting a good upgrade because they are a latitudes member ?

I want to book the Xmas and NewYear cruise on Jade in Europe this year. Although we normally have an internal cabin, I want to splash out a bit and go for a Balcony. The flights are all booked so they are not an issue.

Prices for this cruise are still high (naturally, its Xmas) so I'm looking at a couple of options. I am a Bronze Latitudes member and I have a future cruise deposit voucher of $250. Should I

• Hang on as late as possible to get a last minute bargain?
  • Book now with an US agency such as ************* as it seems that it is possible to get price drops even after you have paid your deposit ? That's not an option when booking in the UK (where I am from) as you are fixed into the price you agree on, whether or not the price drops later.

Does anyone have any experience of booking a GTY cabin and getting a good upgrade because they are a latitudes member ?

I don't know about European cruses, but holiday cruises here usually rise in price. If you can find a cabin you like at a price you are OK with, I'd book it now. If it drops, great - adjust. If the prices rises, you are locked in.

I would not book a GTY on a holiday cruise.

I'm never happy with a price of $1900 per person for a cabin. The rates for the similar cruise just before this date are practically on the floor compared to this one !

I'm still not sure that that itsworth the extra value for the balcony over the internal

I'm never happy with a price of $1900 per person for a cabin. The rates for the similar cruise just before this date are practically on the floor compared to this one !

I'm still not sure that that itsworth the extra value for the balcony over the internal

1900 per person? Wow, i just paid about 1960 for 2 on the Epic(inside cabin) for the new year cruise.

We've been on several holiday cruises - we had to book EARLY each time.

Prices NEVER drop on holiday cruises - in fact, they sell FAST.

So, you'd better find a cabin of your choice and BOOK now before 1) price go up, or 2) the cabin is gone!

We did one holiday cruise on JADE and it was fantastic.

Regarding on where to book from, I know that there are big differences between UK and the rest of the europe with NCL but as a Finn I've never even considered booking with european prices etc, I book always from US - either via TA or NCL directly.

At the moment booking via the UK NCL website is cheaper than most American agencies even taking into account the onboard credits that the agencies are offering.

Difference is once I buy from UK NCL the price is fixed. The trend for prices on this cruise is still downward (according to crusiefish stats)

Holiday cruise always sell out - bite the bullet and book now - if there is a price adjustment down before final payment you should be eligible for it. If this cruise covers both Christmas & New Years it is probably a premium rate because of the two holidays.

Have fun! Cruising is a great way to spend Christmas!

Archived