Luggage Search

mistshar

I am sorry if this has been ask before but I did a search and could not find it posted.

Our last cruise was on Carnival and we took some Dr. Peppers in 12 oz. bottles and some bottled water. We had them in our carry on luggage and when it went through the scanner they saw them so we had to go over for them to check them. We had to take them out of the bag and they shook them and looked at them. I would like to know if Princess does this. If they do, I would like to figure out a simpler way for us to get to them and replace them into the suitcase. We had the suitcase packed full and it was hard to get them back in there. The agents were very nice and they helped us. It seems from what I have read that Princess is not as strict about alcohol as Carnival is. So I thought maybe they don't do checks. We don't drink and I just want to carry my Dr. Peppers.

Thank you for your responses.

You can either put them in your carry-on, your suitcase or just wrap them up and put a luggage tag on them. You can bring either on the ship without being questioned.

That's great, Pam. Carnival won't even allow you to put them in your checked luggage any longer. Since people have started smuggling so much liquor onboard, they have really gotten strict.

Thank you so much!

That's great, Pam. Carnival won't even allow you to put them in your checked luggage any longer. Since people have started smuggling so much liquor onboard, they have really gotten strict.

Thank you so much!

The only thing Princess really pays attention to is hard liquor/alcohol.

Thank you, everyone for your replies. I am so glad that they do not go digging through the luggage. Maybe I won't be randomly picked. Last time was the first time we ever had that happen of all the cruise we have been on. It's odd that Carnival doesn't have the same rules on all their ships but I am glad they don't.

It's odd that Carnival doesn't have the same rules on all their ships but I am glad they don't.

Carnival Coproration owns a number of cruise lines including Princess and Canival Cruise Lines.

Each cruise line is run under their own management and, in general, with their own rules.

No that much different than General Motors which owns both Cadillac and Chevrolet.

Carnival Coproration owns a number of cruise lines including Princess and Canival Cruise Lines.

Each cruise line is run under their own management and, in general, with their own rules.

No that much different than General Motors which owns both Cadillac and Chevrolet.

I guess that explains it. Thanks!

Archived