Actual time allowed off Veendam Tuesday in Bermuda?

irisheileen

For those of you who have sailed on the Veendam to Bermuda this summer, what time were you allowed to disembark after you arrived? 10am is the official time of arrival. I've seen a review I believe that stated 8am was the actual time the ship pulled into port. But I've also read on the boards that 11:30 was tha actual time allowed off the ship on one sailing.

We have a 12 noon Boston Whaler reserved with Blue Hole Watersports in Castle Harbor. After purchasing our transportation pass, and busing there 30 mins (?), We'll need at least 1 hr.

Asking on this board because I've seen so many HAL CC'ers talk about Bermuda and the Veendam after the cruise.

Thanks.

We were tied up to the dock at about 10:30, and were cleared to leave this ship around 10:45-11:00. I think you're cutting it kind of close. Can you reschedule for Wednesday? We did our jet ski tour on Wednesday.... no pressure to arrive on time. We used Somerset Bridge Watersports, and I HIGHLY recommend them. Top notch organization.

We were tied up to the dock at about 10:30, and were cleared to leave this ship around 10:45-11:00. I think you're cutting it kind of close. Can you reschedule for Wednesday? We did our jet ski tour on Wednesday.... no pressure to arrive on time. We used Somerset Bridge Watersports, and I HIGHLY recommend them. Top notch organization.

Wednesday is St George and Tobacco Bay day and Thursday is South Shore beaches, so that leaves us with Tuesday afternoon. I can make it a 3 hours rental if I hear enough back from others clearing the ship at 11:00 or later like you.

Thanks!

I was on the Veendam last week, and we were cleared around 11:00 as well. Many people got off the ship right away, and it seemed that everyone's first stop was the bus terminal, as the lines to buy passes were long.

Hope this helps with your decision! Have a wonderful time! :)

Marjorie

We made to the bus terminal our first stop last week as well, and yes the line was very long. Then someone told me we should have gone to the ferry terminal instead to buy our passes.... no wait at all. Maybe an option for you to save some time.

We made to the bus terminal our first stop last week as well, and yes the line was very long. Then someone told me we should have gone to the ferry terminal instead to buy our passes.... no wait at all. Maybe an option for you to save some time.

There's an idea-thanks. Is the bus terminal closer and that's why most people go there to purchase? We will be using a bus to get to excursion, but will buy at ferry and then go to bus terminal if that's qqicker.

Where are each terminals in relationship to each other?

There's an idea-thanks. Is the bus terminal closer and that's why most people go there to purchase? We will be using a bus to get to excursion, but will buy at ferry and then go to bus terminal if that's qqicker.

Where are each terminals in relationship to each other?

Bus terminal is up hill past the gardens, a post office and other places but the ferry terminal is on front street a good block away from the ship and it is level ground. This may make a difference to maybe the older passengers.

Bus terminal is up hill past the gardens, a post office and other places but the ferry terminal is on front street a good block away from the ship and it is level ground. This may make a difference to maybe the older passengers.

Agreed the ferry terminal is an easier walk, and very easy to find.

Archived