Epic public areas...

Izzybeff

We are going to be booking a cruise for January 2013 on Epic. We cruised this past January on NCL Sun and I absolutely loved the Observation Lounge on Deck 12.

I looked at the Epic and it doesn't appear there are any public areas beyond the bars & restaurants. Am I missing something?

I'm not a huge crowd person so the difference for me will be booking a balcony for private space vs. an inside for the first time. My Dh would like to save the money, but i'm leaning towards the balcony now that i'm noticing the lack of public space..

We are going to be booking a cruise for January 2013 on Epic. We cruised this past January on NCL Sun and I absolutely loved the Observation Lounge on Deck 12.

I looked at the Epic and it doesn't appear there are any public areas beyond the bars & restaurants. Am I missing something?

I'm not a huge crowd person so the difference for me will be booking a balcony for private space vs. an inside for the first time. My Dh would like to save the money, but i'm leaning towards the balcony now that i'm noticing the lack of public space..

Aside from cabins, all passenger areas are pulic space...and Epic is the biggest in the fleet.

Can you clarify the statement about bars and restaurants? I'm missing context since the Observation Lounge is a bar...

The buffet is as far forward as you can get on the Epic, as is La Cucina one deck below. Wonderful place to sit, especially at off-hours, and watch where the ship (and you) are going.

See pic

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343579784.625470.jpg.64e967b02e075e44c23f40aa231d1155.jpg

via iPod touch and Tapatalk.

The buffet is as far forward as you can get on the Epic, as is La Cucina one deck below. Wonderful place to sit, especially at off-hours, and watch where the ship (and you) are going.

See pic

[ATTACH]240978[/ATTACH]

I agree! I love sitting in these big windows as we sail along. We eat breakfast sitting in La Cucina. It is so quite and beautiful. Love this set up!

See pic

[ATTACH]240978[/ATTACH]

Agree 100% - I loved sitting in that area too.

I went up to Posh at one point and they had some great views of the sea up there too.

If you mean any daytime observation lounge equivalents then no as thats one of the missing bits on Epic fixed on Breakaway. However once the Suns out the inside areas bars and atrium are very empty if you want a quiet spot to read a book say..

Yes, this is what I meant. On the Sun you could sit up in the observation area during the day, read, play cards, knit, etc. It was just a pleasant quiet place to get away from the crowds with comfortable seats.

See pic

[ATTACH]240978[/ATTACH]

Thank you! This is the type of thing I was looking for. I'm one of those people who can't take people all the time. Need an area to get away once in awhile.

Archived