Are Group Cruises no longer permissible?

westwingjazz

The "member cruises" thread was always full of upcoming cruises--is this a thing of the past? I don't see any cruises scheduled past February 2013. Are they allowing us to put together group cruises at a discounted rate to include reduced deposit?

More imporantly is there anyone out there interested in putting together a graduation cruise scheduled to depart June 1, 2013 on the Carnival Freedom to include ports of calls like Aruba, Grand Turk, Curaçao, etc?

Serious replies only. Let's keep the thread family friendly. I, nor other proud parents care to read how you don't want to sail with a boat full of young adults ;)

I see several member cruises past 2.2.13

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groupcruise.cfm

Cruise Critic Member Cruises

Carnival Magic - $25pp Dep Available - 08/26/12

Norwegian Sun - $25pp Dep Avail - 11/04/12

Carnival Breeze - $25pp Dep Available - 11/24/12

Carnival Breeze - $25pp Dep Available - 12/02/12

Carnival Breeze - $25pp Dep Available - 12/08/12

Carnival Breeze - $25 pp Dep Avail - 01/05/13

Carnival Dream B2B Cruises - 02/02/13

Carnival Miracle - 10/19/13

Carnival Sunshine - $25pp Dep Avail - 01/05/14

Carnival Freedom B2B Cruises - 02/02/14

Carnival Breeze - $25pp Dep Available - 02/15/14

Here is the link to becoming a group leader

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groupleader.cfm

I think the number of group cruises was greatly reduced with the addition of Carnival's Early Saver rates. The group rates can't compete well. As far as I know, you can still put a tester thread out here to see if there would be enough interest, and if there is, you could inquire about starting a group cruise.

The "member cruises" thread was always full of upcoming cruises--is this a thing of the past? I don't see any cruises scheduled past February 2013. Are they allowing us to put together group cruises at a discounted rate to include reduced deposit?

More imporantly is there anyone out there interested in putting together a graduation cruise scheduled to depart June 1, 2013 on the Carnival Freedom to include ports of calls like Aruba, Grand Turk, Curaçao, etc?

Serious replies only. Let's keep the thread family friendly. I, nor other proud parents care to read how you don't want to sail with a boat full of young adults ;)

Its been quite a while since the TA who handles group cruises for CC discounted. Since the time before last when Carnival said no discounting.. and the TA quit giving discounts out of their commission.. Id say over a year ago, but time flies..

I was getting ready to book Randy's Magic cruise he was doing as a group, and right before I got booked it got stopped .. whenever that was. They might already have done the cruise, its been that long.. I kept thinking I wished I had booked a little earlier.

I think the problem is the cost .. who wants to pay higher than you can book on your own to do a group cruise?

Is there a reason why you just wouldn't volunteer yourself to put something together?

Just asking is all. My DW puts together group cruises every 2 years and it seems like she is the one to do it all herself each time (everybody else is happy to let her do all the work and not do anything themselves, other than complain if something goes wrong).

I figure if you want to ask for someone else to take the lead, and if no one does, will you step up and do it?

Fire - I believe Carnival's latest announcement affected all cruises after August 1, 2012. Going to be really hard to organized group cruises from here on out.

She told me before that .. the last time Carnival announced no discounts, that she would not discount my price when I talked to her. She had been doing it right up until Host Randy put his group together the first week, and I called the 2nd week I think. No discount she said. She just cut it off the day before. She accidently gave someone a 150% for a solo 1A, didnt know the rate changed, so it was shortly after they took away the 150% for solo rate. (You would think a big TA like that would have heard that info but she hadnt, but she found out before I got a chance to book).

She had already quit discounting .. so there was no reason to me to book thru her.

I had meet some of the Crazies for lunch and some were already comparing and said they didnt think it was really worth it to book the group rate, even counting the small OBC.

I was getting ready to book Randy's Magic cruise he was doing as a group, and right before I got booked it got stopped .. whenever that was. They might already have done the cruise, its been that long.. I kept thinking I wished I had booked a little earlier.

I did notice his cruise on the Magic for August 26th out of Galveston...there is an active thread on the Carnival board...still time to join:D

I did notice his cruise on the Magic for August 26th out of Galveston...there is an active thread on the Carnival board...still time to join:D

I booked a discounted group cruise for end of Sept on Magic instead when I couldnt get a discounted rate on the CC cruise .. though that sure does sound like it will be a fun cruise. I like Host Randy and know he will be a fun group leader.

Im kinda too busy to go in August anyway as it turns out, my Dad has been having a lot of doctors bills to do with skin cancer .. seems to sure take a lot of visits.

Im just not ready to pay EXTRA to cruise with CCers when I have access to discounted group cruises at this point. You never know when things will change, as thats the only constant in life.. things change.

If you do decide to try and organize one, you might do it later in the summer. Schools don't let out many places until mid or even late June. Here they usually hold graduations on Father's Day weekend.

Archived