Chair Hogs On Notice?

about 6 post earlier you said you were not coming back as you were tired of defending yourself as a chair HOG........Dennis

In my defense, these posts are becoming annoying. All you seem to manage to do opis spread propaganda to new cruisers and give them a scare that this happens all the time on every cruise, and sometimes results in fist fights over chairs.

I am trying to offer a counter opinion that this does not happen all the time, and have never experienced it myself. In 12 cruises, I have witnessed nothing but humility by all passengers, except for those that get up past noon, go to Lido deck, and expect to claim "chog-dom" and bully people out of their rightful chairs.

And since the chair bullies continue to spew bull on these threads, I have no choice but to spread the truth. Most of those that know me, know my posts are usually kind and helpful. But for this topic, the gloves are off and I refuse to allow you to scare innocent rookie cruisers into fearing going on a cruise. That just ain't gonna happen under my watch.

It is a step in the right direction. I really hope it works because nothing is more aggravating than walking around trying to find a chair that isn't covered with belongings. I think a half hour is a good time frame, 40 seems a little long to me.

• 3 months later...

For all of Carnival's chest-thumping, the onboard staff basically ignores the published time limit, so people such as Dennis above should breathe easy.

I however, have absolutely no qualms about making these left behind items disappear.

Well for whats its worth we just got off the Liberty , yes they had the sign but they never enforced it. The only enforcing was was by a girl and her mother who decided to take stuff off a guys chair and boy did that start a ruckus . It so happened I knew him from our roll call he had like 8 chairs by the pool he told me he had went inside to get some food was gone 10 minutes and they had taken thier chairs , he decided to not take it lightly and called them trailer trash LOL and I guess he splashed some water on them , they intern accused him of spitting on them and called security LOL it was a hoot...

Oh it gets better , they the " TT Girls" His words not mine called the Miami police Dept on Sat when we landed and tried to have him arrested for the alleged spitting , they , the police and security , actually came and knocked on his cabin door at 7 am he told us on our FB page . This guy said they had to investigate . They blew it off but this was all time first for me to see.

Maybe the bartender could lend/ hand out a small item to people who want to reserve their chair.. something that has a obvious time associated with it.. like a tender tag.. something like a transfer ticket on a transit system..

the lounger who wants to come back in a "few" minutes could grab a tag .. put it on their chair.. and leave..

if chairs are that short supply and the lounger doesn't come back by the next half hour... or hour.. they know their ticket ran out..

or,, a gadget they could select max time to 40 min ,, or maybe no more than 60 minutes.. and something like a $1 charge to rent each chair timer for cruise,, the deck staff can return the pigglett to the towel station and anyone who has a pigglett pass they paid for, can pick one up the next day.. or when they pick up their towels..

The lounger who places such an item will of course know the rules very well. . will understand they gave up the chair by not having their " A.I.S " lol

chairhog.jpg

Archived