Can Hope the Upgrade Fairy looks kindly at us!

OhioGirl

I have to agree about the attitude of staff on board the celebrity. We took our first cruise with them last year and found most of them to be indifferent or rude. We were In aqua class and had per paid tips and can only hope that because they know that their tips are guaranteed they felt they didn't have to bother. We have booked again for the wine cruise in september as it was the itinerary we wanted but have opted to not pre pay this time to see if that makes any difference. We have never pre paid on any of our other cruises with other lines and have had excellent service, which has been well rewarded by healthy tips at the end, let's hope this time proves to be the same!!!!

I really wonder how many Celebrity cruises you've been on. Please read my post above. I've been on lots of cruises and many, many of them have been with Celebrity. In my experience how you choose to tip doesn't affect service. You'll always meet a few clunkers in any business and you'll find them on ships as well. From personal knowledge Celebrity is quick to fire those who have received complaints. Hopefully you will experience the type of service I've received on you next cruise.

I know...this will be Brian's (my fiance 3 Celebrity cruise) I had to beg him to go on them again...the other two didn't turn out too well...I wanted to go to Greece and the Equinox had the best Greece ports so we are going...I'm just hoping everything turns out wonderful and he doesn't hate me for talking him into to going on them again!

Your attitude makes all the difference. If you just put another's attitude behind you, rather than allowing it to affect you, all will be smooth.

You show adaptation skills and stay in control by simply moving on to a better position: ie., a different crew member to help you, a different place for relaxation time, a smile on your face.

Your attitude that nothing can spoil a good time will make all the difference in your fiance's cruise experience. There are too many positives in the cruise experience to waste time on another person's bad day.

An adaptable manner makes rotten eggs into something used to open up a new space. Put negatives aside while you vacation.

Later, you can weigh all your fun times and odd times before booking the next cruise.

We've got a list of "odd times" but they go on the shelf, filed under "knowledge" when we are with other people. All of us have different expectations and keep our own files called "knowledge". We have no reason to ever spoil another cruiser's good time by bringing up problems we've experienced.

Each cruise is different, each person is different, we respect other's complaints but feel our concerns should only be shared with the Passenger Service Desk when we are on a ship. We prefer to put any concern in writing, so as not to have any other passenger overhear the problem.

It's fun to brainstorm after a cruise and think how we could change situations to our best advantage for the next cruise. Even better to do the review between drinks in a quiet lounge. And by gathering and sharing information on this message board to arm ourselves with the most information pre-cruise.

The Greek Islands are lovely, the Equinox has many amazing spaces.

Enjoy yourselves to the max! Vacation - vacation - vacation !!!! Fun times ahead !!

Marisa

Your attitude makes all the difference. If you just put another's attitude behind you, rather than allowing it to affect you, all will be smooth.

You show adaptation skills and stay in control by simply moving on to a better position: ie., a different crew member to help you, a different place for relaxation time, a smile on your face.

Your attitude that nothing can spoil a good time will make all the difference in your fiance's cruise experience. There are too many positives in the cruise experience to waste time on another person's bad day.

An adaptable manner makes rotten eggs into something used to open up a new space. Put negatives aside while you vacation.

Later, you can weigh all your fun times and odd times before booking the next cruise.

We've got a list of "odd times" but they go on the shelf, filed under "knowledge" when we are with other people. All of us have different expectations and keep our own files called "knowledge". We have no reason to ever spoil another cruiser's good time by bringing up problems we've experienced.

Each cruise is different, each person is different, we respect other's complaints but feel our concerns should only be shared with the Passenger Service Desk when we are on a ship. We prefer to put any concern in writing, so as not to have any other passenger overhear the problem.

It's fun to brainstorm after a cruise and think how we could change situations to our best advantage for the next cruise. Even better to do the review between drinks in a quiet lounge. And my gathering and sharing information on this message board.

The Greek Islands are lovely, the Equinox has many amazing spaces.

Enjoy yourselves to the max!

Marisa

Well said :)

I really wonder how many Celebrity cruises you've been on. Please read my post above. I've been on lots of cruises and many, many of them have been with Celebrity. In my experience how you choose to tip doesn't affect service. You'll always meet a few clunkers in any business and you'll find them on ships as well. From personal knowledge Celebrity is quick to fire those who have received complaints. Hopefully you will experience the type of service I've received on you next cruise.

If "Celebrity is quick to fire those who have received complaints" then Celebrity is an especially harsh employer.

The very thought that a complaint to the Front Desk might result in a crew member losing his job is so distasteful that I'd never ever want to complain about anything to the Front Desk or to Celebrity by letter or questionnaire.

Don't they treat their employees with the same dignity that the rest of us expect?

If crew members are dismissed for complaints, their good service is not due to their work ethic but because they are fearful of losing their job.

Very sad for the passengers and the crew.

Please say you have exaggerated. Thank you.

-Marisa

If "Celebrity is quick to fire those who have received complaints" then Celebrity is an especially harsh employer.

The very thought that a complaint to the Front Desk might result in a crew member losing his job is so distasteful that I'd never ever want to complain about anything to the Front Desk or to Celebrity by letter or questionnaire.

Don't they treat their employees with the same dignity that the rest of us expect?

If crew members are dismissed for complaints, their good service is not due to their work ethic but because they are fearful of losing their job.

Very sad for the passengers and the crew.

Please say you have exaggerated. Thank you.

-Marisa

I can't vouch for how quick someone is fired after a complaint. However, I would suspect that if they have received several complaints from different people and were warned about these and still did not improve, then they may be fired or moved to another area of service. They are on a ship, and may not have anywhere to go for several days, weeks. :D

Hi, We have been on 1 celebrity cruise before as noted in the post but have cruised with many other lines previously and had no problem. You are absolutely right that you "always meet a few clunkers in any business" but the whole mood of the staff on the sailing we went on was poor and most could barely muster a smile - this was commented on by many people on board. Whilst we appreciate the comments about you guys having great service (which we hope confirms that we must have been unlucky) we can only comment on the experiences we had and can only compare it to the service we have received on other cruise lines. We are still very much looking forward to the cruise booked in September and hope we do receive the type of service you have received on your previous cruises.

Sorry, but I've just got to say that we cruise because we love the total experience. We do not expect to make "friends" with the staff--if they are friendly, (which they have always been in over 20 cruises) we enjoy it. But a snippy or inattentive waiter or cabin attendant would not affect our enjoyment of being on the sea, seeing new places. enjoying not having to plan and cook meals. And I wouldn't even mind if they didn't make up our bed, I don't always do it at home either! Just enjoy your cruise!

Like you we cruise because we love the experience - if this wasn't the case we wouldnt have booked with celebrity again for a September cruise. We also do not expect to make friends with the staff but if we were in a restaurant, bar or hotel anywhere else we would hope the staff would be as courtious to us as we are to them and dont think thats too much to ask. Manners don't cost anything and go a long way!!

You wrote you know this from "personal knowledge"..... oh dear.

I've started a thread to find the answer.

-Marisa

Archived