New & Improved Grandeur ~ Venice to Palma ~ July 13 ~ My Diary

We have been on Adventurer of the Seas and loved it....how would the Grandeur compare to the AOS?

The Grandeur is much smaller. All views are more focused out to the sea rather than everything being focused inward on the Adventure. There is no shopping mall or anything like it on the Grandeur. I really prefer the smaller ships. The solariums are much nicer....in my opinion. The Grandeur and the Vision Class ships were the forerunners to the Radaince Class ships which are even nicer. But the refurbs to the Vision Class ships are really great.

Jane,

Excellent review, much appreciated. Brilliant pictures and tale to go with them.

Like several others who have messaged you we on on Grandeur in October from Venice to Barcelona.

Regards

Alex + Alison

You have the best reviews. Thank you for all the pix. Do you happen to have any bermuda or hawaii reviews? I am not real computer savvy, so am not sure how to find them. By the way, I am also a Max's mom. Those mas'x are fantastic aren't they. Again, great review!!!

You have the best reviews. Thank you for all the pix. Do you happen to have any bermuda or hawaii reviews? I am not real computer savvy, so am not sure how to find them. By the way, I am also a Max's mom. Those mas'x are fantastic aren't they. Again, great review!!!

We've been to Bermuda many, many times and I thought that I covered in one of my reviews where we stopped there for just a day, but I can't find it. We've only done land vacations to Hawaii. But both destinations are fabulous.

As far as Bermuda goes.......your cruise there needs to be a week long one, not the 5 day.....if you can do that. There is so much to see and do there and you need the time.

By the way........Max was a 100 pound Doberman lap dog! He passed away a few years ago, but in his memory......I keep the screen name.

When you were in the Med did you happen to notice how wheelchair accessible the places you visited were?

Also, is Bermuda wheelchair accessible?

Thanks so much!

Not all areas were wheelchair accessible, but enough that it is doable. Bermuda is pretty good.

We felt very safe everywhere. But as in all places......we were careful. But I never felt unsafe anywhere......even walking down all those alleyways everywhere.

This has been the best review I've read in a long time. I particularly enjoyed it because we were on the Grandeur in June and have visited most of the places you went to - it brought back lots of happy memories and really pleased to hear you had such a good time.

We'll be visiting Kotor on a cruise next year and I've bookmarked the information about your excursion as it sounds wonderful.

This has been the best review I've read in a long time. I particularly enjoyed it because we were on the Grandeur in June and have visited most of the places you went to - it brought back lots of happy memories and really pleased to hear you had such a good time.

We'll be visiting Kotor on a cruise next year and I've bookmarked the information about your excursion as it sounds wonderful.

Thanks so much! Seems like I remember reading your review, too!

Oh.....I hope you can hook up with Yuri in Kotor. It was an amazing day. I put a review of our day over on the Ports of Call board with some contact information.

Jane...were the ports on your Med cruise accessible? My mother has on her bucket list to cruise the Med but I'm not really sure how many ports she could really tour around once on land?!?

Check back up in post #235.

You shouldn't have too many problems in the ports.

Sunday ~ July 22 ~ Mallorca

Up at about 6 this morning and went to the MDR for breakfast. We were able to sit with a roll call buddy (Kaanan) and her husband.

GrandeuroftheSeasJuly20121519.jpg

We went back to the cabin to pack up all the little stuff of which there was plenty.

We left the ship between 8:45 and 9:00. We had the luggage tags that you could get off any time you wanted. There was a late departure program as well. This is the first I have heard of this. If you sign up then you can stay on board until 3:30 and use all of the facilities' date=' eat lunch, etc. I thought that was pretty neat.

We had a hotel in Mallorca so we didn't use that but if you had a late flight......that would be great.

So we leave the ship down on deck one.....pretty easy.......our luggage was right there.....BUT......the line for taxis stretched the whole length of the building and doubled back on the other side!!!! They did not expect that so many people would need a taxi.

[img']http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/jhwhite1030/GrandeuroftheSeasJuly20121703.jpg[/img]

GrandeuroftheSeasJuly20121704.jpg

GrandeuroftheSeasJuly20121702.jpg

The line moved in an orderly manner, though and no one got upset, but it take take about an hour to get to the end of the line and get a taxi! They were so nice at the port and kept apologizing.

The taxis were really nice. We had a lady driver in a spiffy uniform and she got all of our luggage and us in the taxi.

Our hotel, The Melia Palais Atenea, was just over the marina, so we didn't have far to go......16 euros. That beat the heck out of the 130 euros we had to pay in Venice![/size][/font]

I really have enjoyed reading your review of the Grandeur, Jane! We are booked on her for next summer and are excited about the enhancements. So glad to hear you were impressed. We haven't cruised nearly as much as you have...but have never heard of the late departure program either. Can you tell me any more about it? Thanks!

Pam

I really have enjoyed reading your review of the Grandeur, Jane! We are booked on her for next summer and are excited about the enhancements. So glad to hear you were impressed. We haven't cruised nearly as much as you have...but have never heard of the late departure program either. Can you tell me any more about it? Thanks!

Pam

Pam......I don't know if they are doing this fleet wide or just in Europe or just on the Grandeur, but it sure is a neat thing......if you have a late flight or something like that. You have to sign up for it. You can stay on board that last day until 3:30. Now you have to vacate your cabin, but you have a safe place to leave your carry ons. You can use the pool, WJ, anything. The couple that we were having breakfast with were doing that. I haven't heard from them, so I don't know how it went for them. But it certainly sound like a good deal.

Loved your review. You helped inspire us to book our first RCCL cruise next December. We are a 15 minute drive to the Port of Baltimore and can't wait to sail on the Grandeur.

Wow! My goodness. I love sailing out of Baltimore. That is within drivable distance for us. We'll have to look at the Grandeur's schedule from there. I hope you enjoy it!

:) Jane a Fantastic Review, Well done.

We are fresh off the Grandeur on Sunday. We had a lovely cruise. The ship was in great shape. Although she still seems have some plumbing issues, with puplic bathrooms out of order and our Bathroom floor flooded with water and gunge from the drain in the bathroom floor once! But was soon cleaned and it never happened again!

Stef & I had the TV on in our stateroom, and it was a surprise to see You, John and your 2 friends pop up on screen. You are all in the Promo feature for Chops restaurant! Fame at last:D

All the best

Gary

Archived