1st time upsell veendam inside k to 082?

irisheileen

That's what I was thinking...plus, when he sees the luggage tags, won't he notice the difference in category? Or when you push the elevator button for Deck 10?:)

:p you assume DH will notice the luggage tags! :):D He won't remember which cabin we're in.

Deck 10...maybe...if he remembers which deck we are are on.

As you may realize from all my dealings with getting my friend's BC and Passport straighted out, I am very detail oriented and a planner/fixer. DH goes along for the ride on vacations and enjoys what I have set for us! I am the dreamer, he is the sensible one! :D Works for 38yrs!

He will LOVE IT! Plus he is on a big novel reading kick recently---I can just picture him relaxing on the verandah.

Congratulations! Sounds like you got a great deal.

Hopefully this means they'll start allocating rooms for the sailing after yours soon....:p

Actually, the purpose for HAL calling me was to say my week was overbooked and did I want to switch from an inside to an OV but on the NEXT weeks cruise. Sounds like it would have been bor your cruise, I see on your signature.

I said no to that offer! Then I had the presence of mind to ASK is they had any upsells! :D. He had to look it up, but they did. Yeah for CC research!

I guess they overbooked insides.

We had an aft cabin when we took the Veendam to Bermuda in May 2010; we loved it. Sailing out of NY was just spectacular (and we live here)! The veranda was quite large. Enjoy!

Did you stay on aft balcony for most/all of the sailaway? Or, go up on deck?

Actually, the purpose for HAL calling me was to say my week was overbooked and did I want to switch from an inside to an OV but on the NEXT weeks cruise. Sounds like it would have been bor your cruise, I see on your signature.

I said no to that offer! Then I had the presence of mind to ASK is they had any upsells! :D. He had to look it up, but they did. Yeah for CC research!

I guess they overbooked insides.

What serendipitous presence of mind! Don't forget to get back to us on DH's reaction!

Thank you for responding about 082!

Since taking the upsell, of course I am all over it researching. lol I read that, at one time, the plumbing was constantly making a blub blub sound the entire cruise and was actually disturbing the pax. I would imagine this would be taken car eof by now..did you experience this?

We never had a plumbing problem.

Most importantly, is the veranda shaded? I was all excited when I saw pics online of a veendam Aft with a shaded veranda, but now wondering if this might have been BELOW our cabin. Is 082 on the Navigation deck shaded?

There is some shade, of course it depends on where the sun is.

Any pics from your cruise? Sorry none of the veranda

Have you sailed her again already this year, or is it coming up?

Our first time on the “new Veendam was June of 2010 and the recent one was June of this year.

Thank you for responding about 082!

Since taking the upsell, of course I am all over it researching. lol I read that, at one time, the plumbing was constantly making a blub blub sound the entire cruise and was actually disturbing the pax. I would imagine this would be taken car eof by now..did you experience this?

We never had a plumbing problem.

Most importantly, is the veranda shaded? I was all excited when I saw pics online of a veendam Aft with a shaded veranda, but now wondering if this might have been BELOW our cabin. Is 082 on the Navigation deck shaded?

There is some shade, of course it depends on where the sun is.

Any pics from your cruise? Sorry none of the veranda

Have you sailed her again already this year, or is it coming up?

Our first time on the “new Veendam was June of 2010 and the recent one was June of this year.

Thanks!

To the best of my recollection, cabin 082 is adjacent to an exterior stairwell, which can be very convenient. But the door that leads to the stairwell slams shut, expecially in high winds. Passengers use that stairwell infrequently, but sometimes the slamming of the door can be somewhat distubing. It took me a day or too to figure out where the slamming was coming from, but once I figured it out, I got used to it. Note: during the muster drill, passengers are not directed to that stairway, but, in the event of an emergency, its location is noteworthy. http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-vacation-onboard/deckplan/pdf/E.pdf does not show the current deck 10 layout.

To the best of my recollection, cabin 082 is adjacent to an exterior stairwell, which can be very convenient. But the door that leads to the stairwell slams shut, expecially in high winds. Passengers use that stairwell infrequently, but sometimes the slamming of the door can be somewhat distubing. It took me a day or too to figure out where the slamming was coming from, but once I figured it out, I got used to it. Note: during the muster drill, passengers are not directed to that stairway, but, in the event of an emergency, its location is noteworthy. http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-vacation-onboard/deckplan/pdf/E.pdf does not show the current deck 10 layout.

Good to know, thanks.

What serendipitous presence of mind! Don't forget to get back to us on DH's reaction!

Did someone call me? :D:D LOL

IrishEileen you did a good deed with your Friends & you are now rewarded for that good deed..Please let us know how your DH reacted to his surprise & have a lovely cruise!

We took an upsell on our Bermuda cruise in 2008, to a lanai & loved it..

Hope you enjoy your AFT cabin..

Cheers...:)Betty

Alternatively, we recieved an upgrade offer for the 8/19 sailing to go from an A to a S verandah suite for $599/person. Not a strong offer and we will pass this time.

Yours is a much better offer, IMO.

Wow sppunk, that is a bit much for a seven day cruise, isn't it?:eek:

Wow sppunk, that is a bit much for a seven day cruise, isn't it?:eek:

I would've paid less than that difference if I had initially booked the S, and since this is a Bermuda cruise where our room is less important than other destinations, indeed it was a bit of a silly offer. :)

Did someone call me? :D:D LOL

IrishEileen you did a good deed with your Friends & you are now rewarded for that good deed..Please let us know how your DH reacted to his surprise & have a lovely cruise!

We took an upsell on our Bermuda cruise in 2008, to a lanai & loved it..

Hope you enjoy your AFT cabin..

Cheers...:)Betty

Thanks!

Ok everybody, should I go in first and be ready to get his expression on camera? Or....let him go in first and soak it all in?

[quote name='sppunk']Alternatively, we recieved an upgrade offer for the 8/19 sailing to go from an A to a S verandah suite for $599/person. Not a strong offer and we will pass this time.

Yours is a much better offer, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I'm excited to try an Aft cabin! Without necessarily giving away your cabin #, are you port, starboard or aft?

[quote name='Frakendolly']We are Starboard aft sailing on the 12. It will be our third time in the same cabin. We love the mesmerizing wake and being right next to Front st.[/QUOTE]

Oh, we are on the same sailing! When you say "starboard aft", are you meaning the aft [U]facing[/U] cabins, but on the starboard side?

Archived