1st time upsell veendam inside k to 082?

irisheileen

First time being offered an upsell. nervous! How is this cabin? A082 it's an aft in Bermuda. The other offer is a B 166.Both are offered for $300 pp more. Good deal?

We paid for the K $820.00 plus 300.00would be $1130 instead of $1999 pp.

Noise? Shade on Veranda (overhang?) Any thoughts before I have to call back? Wish me luck!!!

First time being offered an upsell. nervous! How is this cabin? A082 it's an aft in Bermuda. The other offer is a B 166.Both are offered for $300 pp more. Good deal?

We paid for the K $820.00 plus 300.00would be $1130 instead of $1999 pp.

Noise? Shade on Veranda (overhang?) Any thoughts before I have to call back? Wish me luck!!!

Take it!! either one.

Don't think you would go wrong with either one, but do it now. You are not the only one being offered the upsell; if you wait, it could be gone.

ditto:):) how fast can you call:D:D

I must have called really fast becasue I GOT IT! It was the last offer since they called me. A082 ...I had to call DH first and also talk to my friends at CC :). Thanks for the encouragement! I am going to tell DH I missed it and surprise him!!

I must have called really fast becasue I GOT IT! It was the last offer since they called me. A082 ...I had to call DH first and also talk to my friends at CC :). Thanks for the encouragement! I am going to tell DH I missed it and surprise him!!

Congrats! Hey, maybe it was Karma - after you worked so hard to help your friends get their paperwork sorted out for their cruise. Happy it worked out so nicely for you! :) Cheers, -S.

Good on ya!

So, I came home from work and acted disappointed that we didn't get the Aft balcony cabin. I can't wait to see his face when we open the cabin door!!

I came across someone's pictoral review of the Veendam who had an Aft cabin:

http://amarillocruisecat.smugmug.com/Travel/HAL-Veendam-2010-Oct/14232309_nwDzpm/1051708744_L7CLa#!i=1051707009&k=NghRo

After seeing the pics, I see that there is shade on the balcony, which I have to have for medical reasons. Yes, we will see the container dock, but cabin is all the way port so maybe we'll get a bit less view of the dock? Whatever!

I..AM...DOING..THE...HAPPY...DANCE!!!!! :D

Great upsell, now, enjoy your cruise even more.

I am glad that you are going for the upsell -- Congratulations!!

Your DH will love the surprise.

Great upsell, now, enjoy your cruise even more.

I honestly have never paid attention to the details of others CC members upsell offers, so I have nothing to compare my offer with.

Is this deal normal for most upsells?

HAL, when asked after I accepted, did say it was a good offer from what she had seen in the past.

A82 is a great cabin; we had it on our first trip on the Veendam to Bermuda 2 years ago and were so happy with it we booked it again this year. You will have a larger veranda than the other A class. You got a great deal.

I honestly have never paid attention to the details of others CC members upsell offers, so I have nothing to compare my offer with.

Is this deal normal for most upsells?

HAL, when asked after I accepted, did say it was a good offer from what she had seen in the past.

I don't think it's the usual upsell offer. I had an upsell offer for our Maasdam cruise in January...from a D outside to a verandah stateroom. And if I recall correctly, it was $900 per person. Of course, that was a 14 day cruise so that makes a difference.

Note to add: I had psyched myself up to try an outside instead of verandah for the 1st time, so stuck with the outside!

A82 is a great cabin; we had it on our first trip on the Veendam to Bermuda 2 years ago and were so happy with it we booked it again this year. You will have a larger veranda than the other A class. You got a great deal.

Thank you for responding about 082!

Since taking the upsell, of course I am all over it researching. lol I read that, at one time, the plumbing was constantly making a blub blub sound the entire cruise and was actually disturbing the pax. I would imagine this would be taken car eof by now..did you experience this?

Most importantly, is the veranda shaded? I was all excited when I saw pics online of a veendam Aft with a shaded veranda, but now wondering if this might have been BELOW our cabin. Is 082 on the Navigation deck shaded?

Any pics from your cruise?

Have you sailed her again already this year, or is it coming up?

THANKS

Maybe your DH would enjoy the anticipation of the aft cabin rather than being surprised.

That's what I was thinking...plus, when he sees the luggage tags, won't he notice the difference in category? Or when you push the elevator button for Deck 10?:)

Archived