Changing Ship/Date Right After Booking

Linda/Ohio

My elderly MIL booked a cruise in November and paid for it immediately with her credit card last night. Unfortunately the flights are not working out for her. We found another cruise the same week which seems like it will work perfectly. Will she have to pay the $50.00 per person change fee?

Did she book ES??

If she booked ES it is going to be hard to find a supervisor to override the charge, but it can be done (I had it done once, when I couldnt find a good hotel, but I called back within 15 minutes and my PVP covered for me and managed to get it done).

A regular booking agent doesnt have the authority to override the $50, so they probably will tell you no.. but you could ask to speak to a supervisor and plead your case.

My elderly MIL booked a cruise in November and paid for it immediately with her credit card last night. Unfortunately the flights are not working out for her. We found another cruise the same week which seems like it will work perfectly. Will she have to pay the $50.00 per person change fee?

No (due to the timing she could not have booked ES so that is not an issue) but she needs to make the change soon so that she is outside of final payment.

As long as she didn't bookk ES and she hasn't reached final payment, she should be able to just call and change.

I dont know of any $50 pp change fee then for any other rate than ES.

She should have no problems changing the date up until the night before her final payment date.

Just have her call and change it.

Does she know what rate she booked? Did they tell her there was a $50 change fee? Was it some kind of sale rate ..

Archived