Cruising in November. NYC

scooby girl

Hello all! We are leaving on the Miracle out of NY on November 6th. Going to the Bahamas. I know the weather is very unpredictable, but maybe some of you that have cruised during this time could fill me in. What should I expect weather wise the first two sea days? Will we be in warm enough weather by the 2nd sea to enjoy the deck & pools? Any info would be appreciated.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Hello all! We are leaving on the Miracle out of NY on November 6th. Going to the Bahamas. I know the weather is very unpredictable, but maybe some of you that have cruised during this time could fill me in. What should I expect weather wise the first two sea days? Will we be in warm enough weather by the 2nd sea to enjoy the deck & pools? Any info would be appreciated.

Last year it was very warm in NYC so who knows!! It usually gets rough around Cape Hatteras, but not always. You will probaby be able to sit out by the pool on the second sea day.

If that ship has a sliding dome over the pool, they will probably have it closed to make it more comfortable for swimming in the cooler weather. They may Possibly heat the pool as well. Of course that will make that pool extremely crowded due to most people wanting to use it instead of the other pool that is out in the weather.

We had such a mild winter in NY last year, with the exception of the Halloween Blizzard of 2011 (10/28) which dumped a foot of snow, and toppled trees everywhere.

But back to your cruise... :)

I'd think they'd have many inside activities as opposed to poolside where it's sure to be a tad chilly until you get down by the Carolina's. I think it's the center pool on the Miracle that has a retractable roof - not sure how bad weather needs to be for them to utilize it. By your second full sea day you will be far enough down the coast to feel warmer weather.

Archived