Seagrape beach, Royal Palms, or Tiki Beach???

cml88

Hello I was there last week. We took the bus $5 for 2 adults to Royal Palms. $2 a person to get in and $10 each per chair - Umbrellas can be rented for $10 each. Bus back to the port was another $5.

We enjoyed the time there-

Could you tell me where to catch the bus? And if there is a specific color wording on it? thanks

Hello I was there last week. We took the bus $5 for 2 adults to Royal Palms. $2 a person to get in and $10 each per chair - Umbrellas can be rented for $10 each. Bus back to the port was another $5.

We enjoyed the time there-

This is what I saw as well..personally, with the rate at $50 a cabana, it was a no brainer to rent. With only 4 people, you would be over $50 just for the loungers and an umbrella or two, plus the entrance fee.

With it being $100 now, I think it depends on how long you would be there to take advantage of it. We were there about 4 hours, I think. If I went back with 2 of us, I might not do it for that much (getting to the $50 min. is not hard if you eat and have a couple drinks). But I think I would still do it for 3 or more people. That would be $30 for the loungers, $6 entrance, $10-$20 for umbrellas. The additional $40-$50 for 3 people is about $15-$20 a person and I think you get some great service with the cabana.

That being said, if your plans are just to sit on the beach for an hour or so, then I wouldn't go to the expense. All said, it's still cheaper than most of the excursions when you add up the per person price.

One thing I noticed is that the cruisers from Carnival were in port much earlier---and left earlier. They had gotten to the resort before 10am, I think. We showed up at noon (we probably could have only been there 30 minutes earlier if we were on the first tender). The people in the other cabana left around 1:00 to shop and get back to their ship. They only rent out the cabana 1X per day so it sat empty for a little while. Then I noticed some people in loungers inquired about it. I'm not sure if they charged them, or only charged them a nominal amount, but that might be something to consider if you are on a later cruise ship.

The bus station was easy to find -few blocks from the port - Or you can just start walking and the bus will honk - if you want a ride just put up your hand and they will stop - it was not far to walk to the bus area -

They knew we wanted to go to 7 mile area based on what we were wearing. But were friendly and speak English -

We paid when we got off the bus.

On the way back we just started walking down the main street on the Left side (since they drive on the other side) and flagged a bus not too far after we were walking. Everyone in the bus was going back to the cruise port.

Here is a handy link.

http://www.caymanislands.ky/planatrip/transportation.aspx

My understanding is there is only a few main roads so if your headed the direction of the beach and catch a bus when they honk you will be fine. Just say you want to go to Royal Palms - or where ever. There was a lot of people from the cruise ships there the day we were there.

Archived