Solstice and Millenium - Promenades?

intrepid23

Can't comment on Solstice but the Millenium does not have a promenade where you can walk around the whole ship. I discovered this on my recent cruise aboard the Summit which is the same class as Millenium. There is a promenade deck (deck 5) but you can't walk 360 degrees. Shame...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that info, I think I have now seen/read that there are some areas on the Sostice promenade (is it Deck 5?) that have deck chairs. Does any one know where these are located? forward/mid/ aft? or near or between which doors? This may help me when choosing a cabin, as it is nice to just duck outside, especially if I choose to have an inside cabin. Thanks again:)

Thanks for that info, I think I have now seen/read that there are some areas on the Sostice promenade (is it Deck 5?) that have deck chairs. Does any one know where these are located? forward/mid/ aft? or near or between which doors? This may help me when choosing a cabin, as it is nice to just duck outside, especially if I choose to have an inside cabin. Thanks again:)

There is a walk-around, rubberized "track" on the 14th level of the Solstice. It is above the pool level. See my picture below. It's not perfect, wide and/or ideal, but it allows much of what you seek. If you need more info on the facilities, food, entertainment, etc., on the Solstice, check out my live/blog below. Happy to share more, answer other Solstice questions by posting at the end of that live/blog.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 98,363 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

This is a view of the upper floor, 14th level above the main pool area on the Solstice-type ships. This illustrates how the space for walking can be a little narrow and congested during the middle of the afternoon as this area fills up with people enjoying the sun, etc., during sea days. BUT, things are much easier and more open for your walking/laps earlier in the am, plus in the evenings. The area has a nice rubberized surface. Lots of interesting visuals to see on the ship and at sea as you walk around here, hang out, etc.:

SolsticeWalkingTrackArea.jpg

Be aware that the port side of the outdoor promenade deck is one of the few smoking areas on Celebrity, and might be the only one which is covered so it might be full of smokers. Not necessarily a good place to walk. There may also be smokers one side of the walking/jogging path on the top deck but that seems much more open air and breezy than the promenade deck.

We usually do quite a bit of walking on board and do it on the walking jogging path shown in TLCOhio's post above. Parts of it does get a bit congested with the chairs but it is still pretty good and a great place for fresh air and people watching. We sometimes like to time our sea day walks there for early afternoon when the band is playing by the pool. It's more crowded then but we like the music and watching all the activity up on deck while we're walking. If one wants to actually jog or run it is best to do it very early in the morning or in the evening when the area is not very busy.

Archived