Tipping Room Service

Peardrop

Hi all,

We are off on Ventura this Sunday and I have a question about tipping room service.

If we order from room service, I intend to give a cash tip to the person who brings it, but I wondered in what currency it should be? When on RCI we tipped in the ships currency which is dollars, so do we tip in £'s or euros?

Thanks for any advice :)

Hi all,

We are off on Ventura this Sunday and I have a question about tipping room service.

If we order from room service, I intend to give a cash tip to the person who brings it, but I wondered in what currency it should be? When on RCI we tipped in the ships currency which is dollars, so do we tip in £'s or euros?

Thanks for any advice :)

Tip room service in Sterling. The same as you use to at the end of the cruise before auto tipping. started in April. Every thing on P&O is priced and charged in sterling.

Hope this helps. :)

Thank you, thats a great help!

Any suggestions on what a reasonable tip would be for room service? I was thinking that if we ordered lunch for the balcony (2 ad & 2 ch) maybe £1 per person would be appropriate, which we may as well round up to £5, however then I thought that sounded a lot, compared to what the steward receives per day (for example).

I am more than happy to tip, just dont want to tip too little! :)

I don't suppose the recipient would mind what currency the tip is paid in. They can easily spend euros or dollars. In fact the only places they can spend sterling is Southampton or Gibraltar so they may prefer euros.

Brian

We tip in Euros if that's what we're spending ashore.....so they can spend ashore as well if they wish. We've only ever had breakfast in the cabin and usually tip 1 or 2 euros depending on whether it is on time or not!!! They don't seem to expect a tip and are usually on the way out when we give it to them!:)

We had breakfast almost every day and noticed it was the same lad after morning number two so we waited and tipped him at the end of the cruise. It wasnt the cabin steward... seems they have somebody on duty for your area doing all the room service meals... anyway he was happy with Euros... he could bank it or spend it ashore...

Archived