Diamonds International?

lola4795

We were not gem experts by any means. Twice now we bought tanzanite cuz it is a beauty. But we've learned that the FREE tanzanite earrings that they usually give out make good souvenirs as well as the free CHARMS for completing my charm bracelet. So we won't buy from D I any more but I will finish my charm bracelet and get my earrings at every port we go to.

Our certified gemologist at home went to appraise the pieces we purchased and all she could say was "do you love it? then move forward and take it as a souvenir from your trip" I've said it before she appraised it for our purchase price for insurance purposes and wouldn't even tell us the real appraisal which told us we got ripped off.

We went thru the ships gurantee process...in order to return the item we would've had to have gone back to the port we bought it in. So basically we were stuck with our purchase if we wanted it or not. LUCKILY for us it wasnt too expensive and it IS a nice necklace, earrings and ring set and no one is the wiser but us. (on a side note...the girl at DI never sized my riing so I have to wear it as a pinky ring now...We just werent thinking at the time and the guy from the cruise was with us telling us we were gettting a good deal...so i tried the ring that was in the case and it only fit on my pinky so that's the one she sold me) We have moved on and learned a few lessons.

We just werent thinking at the time and the guy from the cruise was with us telling us we were gettting a good deal...so i tried the ring that was in the case and it only fit on my pinky so that's the one she sold me) We have moved on and learned a few lessons.

Always remember that the 'guy from the cruise' is getting paid by how much Carnival passengers buy-he is not being nice to you-he is being nice to the store and himself!

I just love it when the CD tells you if you see something you like in one DI store, do not wait until you get to the DI store in the last port and expect to get a cheaper price. Why? They may not have the same item!!!! Really, what he is telling you....in the first port (remember many passengers are on their first sailing ever) you haven't had time to check prices with the other stores in the port. So, you will think that you are getting a good deal and he is sure to get his commission. Once, you have time to comparison shop in the ports, you will not think that DI is giving you such a good deal.

While you may be on vacation, the CD is working hard to get those extra commissions from all the sales made by DI in every port. :D

MARAPRINCE

I don't buy diamonds, don't know enough about them so wouldn't know a good deal. I do buy topaz. I have several different colors of topaz, mostly rings, earrings and a few bracelets. I didn't buy anything on our first cruise, I just looked. I like that they have such a variety of colors and styles. The mall and local stores just do not have the selection that you can find on the islands. I shop in DI and also unapproved stores. Never had a problem with anything I've bought.

Archived