Gem Spa Pass

cruisincorgi

My wife, my daughter and myself will be sailing on the Gem over Thanksgiving. Can't wait!!! My question is: Is the spa pass worth it? YES! Do the spas get crowded? I've heard they can be but did not experience that on the two trips I took. It may be a matter of timing because they do limit how many passes are sold. Is the spa a good place to get away from it all for a few hours? YES. Relaxing, quiet and some nice views out the front windows too. I love the Gem's spa.Thanks

You're welcome.

The spa is our favorite place to get away from it all - to us, very much worth the cost.

We have found that the spa can get a little crowded around mid-day during sea days and the hot stone loungers are hard to get to - especially if the weather is not very good. Just time shift a little and no crowds.

Usually only 100 passes or so are sold for a cruise so that limits the crowding.

My DH & I purchased the spa passes on our 6/23 Gem cruise, ship was at full capacity. We went each day, usually around 5:30 pm (we enjoy a later dinner) and the spa was completely empty, and we had the entire place to ourselves.

Enjoy your cruise!

~Michele:D

My wife, my daughter and myself will be sailing on the Gem over Thanksgiving. Can't wait!!! My question is: Is the spa pass worth it? Do the spas get crowded? Is the spa a good place to get away from it all for a few hours? Thanks

You mentioned your daughter...someone will correct me if I am wrong but the spa pass area is adults only as I recall. You didn't mention your daughter's age.

Dave

I did the spa pass on the Gem last week for $30.00 a day or you can get the whole week for $119. The $30.00 had to be on a port day though, which was fine with me. They might have had three other people in there besides myself. I also did the Hot Stone massage, but didn'tthink it was worth the money. With the automatic tip they add, it was like $175.00. The spa was worth the $30.00 for the day, although I only stayed a couple of hours.

I love the spa pass and buy it on every cruise I go on.

None have been overcrowded.

The GEM has the best spa of all the ships I have been on.

I also go in the late afternoon after the pool or execursions to relax, and I like taking my shower for dinner down there, and doing my hair. Less congestion in the cabin when getting ready for dinner.

Thank you all. Sounds like I have to get a pass ASAP when on board. Can you purchase spa pass prior to embarkation? Daughter is 15, with no interest in going to spa.

You can not pre purchase a spa pass. :-( But if you ckeck in before boarding time, there is usually a table set up in the waiting area where you can purchase the passes.

FYI, for anyone that might be considering a day pass, if the weekly passes sell out, day passes won't be offered.

Edited by Hopes4

i have always thought of the spa as a salvation away from the crowds and hustle and bustle of the ship. It is a nice place for some quiet time and solitude. I always get a spa pass but since I will be in the Haven this trip I might pass on the spa

Go for it!!

Hello! We have been on six NCL cruises and have never been to the spa, probably because the kids are always with us. We will be taking a kids free 10 day cruise in Sept. What is the spa? what can you do there? I always see it because it is usually near the workout room where we go everyday. Thanks for any info.

• 2 weeks later...
You can not pre purchase a spa pass. :-( But if you ckeck in before boarding time, there is usually a table set up in the waiting area where you can purchase the passes.

FYI, for anyone that might be considering a day pass, if the weekly passes sell out, day passes won't be offered.

Where in the waiting area at the terminal can you usually find the table?

Lisa

Where in the waiting area at the terminal can you usually find the table?

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

In NYC, the table was set up between the two sections of chairs. They also had tables for dinner reservations, water/soda passes etc. Just look for the lovely ladies dressed in the spa uniforms.

My wife, my daughter and myself will be sailing on the Gem over Thanksgiving. Can't wait!!! My question is: Is the spa pass worth it? Do the spas get crowded? Is the spa a good place to get away from it all for a few hours? Thanks

Yes, Yes and Yes!!!!

We purchased the spa package on our last cruise in May. We were there everyday. I got the Bamboo massage, get it!!! We also did the acupuncture package, I felt great after each session. We are going back on the Gem in April and will be in that spa again. My screensaver at work is a picture of the bow looking out from the lounges in the spa.

You can purchase the package in the waiting area before you board, there is a discount applied to it then. Look for the table after you check in.

Hello! We have been on six NCL cruises and have never been to the spa, probably because the kids are always with us. We will be taking a kids free 10 day cruise in Sept. What is the spa? what can you do there? I always see it because it is usually near the workout room where we go everyday. Thanks for any info.

Private whirlpools in the locker rooms, steam room, sauna, showers, lockers and towel service, hairdryers. Then you go to the co-ed area and there are heated seats made from tile, they are fantastic to lay on. There is a large therasic pool, it's a huge whirlpool like no other. There is complimentary tea and hot water. Get a lounge chair up front and just relax as you look out over the ocean in a nice terricloth robe. Sound good????

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be on the same cruise over Thanksgiving, and be sure, we will have a spa pass. When we sailed the Epic we found out the spa was the most relaxing place. I felt as thought I spent my cruise in a white terrycloth bathrobe. I won't cruise without a good spa. Last year I was on a new Celebrity ship, the Silhouette, and their spas was awful compared to the NCL Epic. I so look forward to sailing the Gem this November.

I sailed the gem last week and bought the weekly spa pass.I found the spa to be dirty. The location was great as it is relaxing looking out the front of the ship. It was nice for a few hours but not worth $120 a person for the week. I would book a massage and use it that day.

You can purchase the package in the waiting area before you board, there is a discount applied to it then. Look for the table after you check in.

For all the times we bought the spa passes we NEVER got any discounts for purchasing them before we boarded. They even stopped selling the couple pass, only individual passes.

Can you tell me me more about the discount you received?

Thank you.

what makes the spa area so special ? I have booked a mini suite room, does it help to book a room where you get concierge and butler service ?? Not sure worth the money to up ? I need a handicapped room, because i have terrible walking issues, so I'm not sure upon waiting to board i"ll be able to get to those tables, or is these table to get these passes, after you board.. I feel I threw alot in this one question, but not sure what to do ? any Help

The spa on the Gem is the best of several ships we have experienced. In our experience it is usually not crowded. When we booked our upcoming Christmas cruise, my husband was more excited about going back to that spa than almost anything else!

Thanks for this information. I can't wait to get a spa pass.

We are over from England to go on th Xmas sailing too. There is a roll call set up, but so far, no meet & greet. I am sure it will get busy soon.