POA specialty restaurants?

Middleager

Does any one have menus for the specialty restaurants?

Some people mentioned they offer $60/p for 4 specialty restaurants before. Do they still offer that? And are you able to get it before the cruise, and book the restaurants ahead of time?

Do they still do the free bottle of wine, if you book 2 persons at a specialty restaurant on day 1?

We sail Aug. 25/2012.

Thanks.

I did a google search for them yesterday. I found most of them right on the NCL website (East Meets West, Teppanaki, Le Bistro, Little Italy and Sushi)

I got the ones for Cadillace Diner and Lazy J from my search.

Just off the 7/21-7/28 POA. The answers to your questions are "no" and "no." Also, we had read on CC that on the first night in Jefferson's Bistro they offered a "sampling" of the dishes from the other specialty restaurants. Not true. That said, Jefferson's Bistro was the best of the three speciality restaurants we ate at. Little Italy was the worst.

It is awful!

The sushi bar at East meets West is bad, too.

Can you share more specifics about your experience? I'm wondering if there are certain dishes to avoid or if it was a service issues or what. Thanks in advance!

Interesting.

So the first day sampling, is no longer there. Maybe they did the sampling before, in order to attract people to go to those specialty restaurants.

They also no longer offer the $60/p special.

In recent reviews, it sounds like those restaurants are always booked up. So NCL figured they don't need to offer anything nowadays to attract people, as they already get enough. Cost saving decisions.

My family and I went to the Lazy J Steakhouse, the East Meets West Sushi Bar, and Le Bistro. Le Bistro was excellent in every way.

One thing that you have to understand about dining on the Pride of America is that there are no dedicated waiters at a particular restaurant. You'll see the same waiters work at the sushi bar, the Cadillac Diner, and the steakhouse. The worst server we had worked at both the MDR and the Lazy J.

The service at the Lazy J was not as good as the MDR, and the quality of the steak was not steakhouse quality. It just seemed like cheap meat, to be frank. My mom said that the streak she had in the MDR was actually better.

As for the East Meets West sushi bar, the fish was not fresh. There was this awful texture about it that still makes me shudder.

But definitely go to Le Bistro.

My family and I went to the Lazy J Steakhouse, the East Meets West Sushi Bar, and Le Bistro. Le Bistro was excellent in every way.

One thing that you have to understand about dining on the Pride of America is that there are no dedicated waiters at a particular restaurant. You'll see the same waiters work at the sushi bar, the Cadillac Diner, and the steakhouse. The worst server we had worked at both the MDR and the Lazy J.

The service at the Lazy J was not as good as the MDR, and the quality of the steak was not steakhouse quality. It just seemed like cheap meat, to be frank. My mom said that the streak she had in the MDR was actually better.

As for the East Meets West sushi bar, the fish was not fresh. There was this awful texture about it that still makes me shudder.

But definitely go to Le Bistro.

Thank you for the additional info. The floating waitstaff is common on the other NCL ships I've been on as well. It seemed that only bar tenders were consistently in the same place. I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor server in multiple places! Sounds like avoiding Lazy J is a good plan, but if I know DH, he'll insist on giving the sushi a go no matter what anyone says! :p

what time frame are you allowed to reserve the restaurants online?

You can reserve 45 days in advance.

But personally we don't reserve in advance for a couple reasons. First you will have to give them a credit and your charged at time of booking, if you have to cancel it can be a bit of a pain. Secondly how do you know what your going to feel like eating 45 days out, do you know what your exact schedule is going to be that far out with regards to port time etc. Do you know the time of the entertainment at night.

There are just too many what if if's.

We have never had a problem making reservations the day of and we only eat at the specialty restaurants including POA.

You can reserve 45 days in advance.

But personally we don't reserve in advance for a couple reasons. First you will have to give them a credit and your charged at time of booking, if you have to cancel it can be a bit of a pain. Secondly how do you know what your going to feel like eating 45 days out, do you know what your exact schedule is going to be that far out with regards to port time etc. Do you know the time of the entertainment at night.

There are just too many what if if's.

We have never had a problem making reservations the day of and we only eat at the specialty restaurants including POA.

OK TY. I only have one that I am looking at.

Archived