Probably a stupid question but currency in bahamas?

Rainbowfalls

Hello,

While trying to find a couple of possible resturants for our trip I saw prices ranging from I guess bahamain dollars to U.S dollars, So I was wondering what is typically accepted or always accepted?

Also are most resturants or stores listed with which currency in mind?

and finally what would be a couple of restraunts that would be reccomended in nassau and freeport and the typical price range.

Thank you!

Hello,

While trying to find a couple of possible resturants for our trip I saw prices ranging from I guess bahamain dollars to U.S dollars, So I was wondering what is typically accepted or always accepted?

Also are most resturants or stores listed with which currency in mind?

and finally what would be a couple of restraunts that would be reccomended in nassau and freeport and the typical price range.

Thank you!

US dollar is accepted and most things are priced as US currency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

One US dollar is equal to One Bahamian dollar. We got an iced tea at McDonalds with US cash and got Bahamian change back. It's actually a cheap souvenir or just use it at another shop for something else.

Thank you!, was there anything unique at the Mcdonalds there that isn't found at the typical mcdonalds in the states? I know some places have special or test items that are just particular for that area.

generally speaking .. no.. they don't even have all the items we are used to in the states.. and there is no dollar menu. Be prepared to pay full price plus for most items.

:( that's a bummer, I was hoping for a conch sandwich or something lol. conch nuggets :D. I have yet to be at a Mcdonalds that has regional fare.

Though I am super excited about the currency and the fish fry area there are a couple of places I have heard and read good things about. ^_^

:( that's a bummer, I was hoping for a conch sandwich or something lol. conch nuggets :D. I have yet to be at a Mcdonalds that has regional fare.

Though I am super excited about the currency and the fish fry area there are a couple of places I have heard and read good things about. ^_^

If you're looking for regional cooking.. head to the fish fry.. it's right outside of downtown.. a 20 minute walk or a quick jitney ride ($1.25).

Fish fry has more than a dozen local restaurants service local foods, like conch burgers, conch salad, conch fritters etc. Not fast food by any means, but worth a trip.

Archived