Chankanaab or Paradise Beach w/young kids?

carpeperdiem

I'm not sure which daughter you are talking about not wearing a snorkel vest? Is there a picture you seen with her not having one on? I have my 4 year old (who was 3 on the last 2 cruises when we were at Chankanaab) have the puddle jumper on every time she was in the water. At that time she didn't know how to swim (she does now). But even though she knows how to swim now, I still would never allow her to go in the ocean without her puddle jumper and will still be bringing it with us on the cruise. If it's my 24 year old daughter you seen, I'm not sure. I thought she had her snorkel vest on while we were in the water?? :confused:

Hi, thank you for the information, what I meant about your daughter not wearing a vest was the kind of ski vest type that they got for rent, I was wondering if they required for her to wear those type of ski vest. You answered that question for me already. When talking about life vest the first thing come to my mind is those type of ski vest, like the one you have a the cruise ship (may be not that thick and bulky). So that puddle jumper considered to be a vest also.

I show my daughter the video of your daughter in the water with the fish and she loves it. She wants to go there and I also show her the puddle jumper and told her that she needs to wears it when she's in the water. This weekend we are going to go shop for her that puddle jumper.

One more question, does the park allow you to use your own sunscreen or they make you use the special type of sunscreen they sold there.

Thanks

Hi, thank you for the information, what I meant about your daughter not wearing a vest was the kind of ski vest type that they got for rent, I was wondering if they required for her to wear those type of ski vest. You answered that question for me already. When talking about life vest the first thing come to my mind is those type of ski vest, like the one you have a the cruise ship (may be not that thick and bulky). So that puddle jumper considered to be a vest also.

I show my daughter the video of your daughter in the water with the fish and she loves it. She wants to go there and I also show her the puddle jumper and told her that she needs to wears it when she's in the water. This weekend we are going to go shop for her that puddle jumper.

One more question, does the park allow you to use your own sunscreen or they make you use the special type of sunscreen they sold there.

Thanks

Oh ok. Gotcha. :p Yea, pretty much any place allowed her to wear her puddle jumper. She has worn it while snorkeling, at AI's, on snorkel tours, cavetubing, in the pools, just about everywhere with no problem. The ONLY place that would not allow her to wear the puddle jumper was the dolphin swim. :mad: They made her wear their life vest, which of course like all the other life vest she tried prior to getting her puddle jumper, did NO good. They flip her and we had to hold on to her the entire time.

I'm not sure about the sun screen. They don't tell you anything about the park on what you can and can't do there and no one regulates that it seems like. I've read on here that you need to buy the eco friendly sunscreen for any of the ports that you will be in the ocean because regular ocean will kill the coral and stuff. We are all really dark completed and the minute we are out in the sun, we instantly tan and get dark with no burning. So, we never take any with us. I did buy this stuff that was recommended on here (it is suppose to be to keep the noseaums and other bugs from biting you and it's also a sunscreen and all natural, so it won't hurt the system). However, it did not work for us-to keep the bugs off, which is why I bought it. :(

There is another thread about the "layout" of Chankanaab on here that I've answered some questions and posted several pictures that might be helpful to those that are wondering how big this park is, the layout, and parking info that was discussed earlier in here.

You can check it out here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1698353

The pictures of the layout are starting at post #18 :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, this may be naive... but what's with the "contract" between Dolphin Discovery and CCL... I've just started looking to book the dolphin encounter for our family of 5. Just missed a half off coupon by 2 days... bummer...

Is there anything I should know about booking this on my own??? Thanks

Archived