Trying to decide between Western & Eastern...

MaiTaiMary

If you want a wonderful beach experience go to HMC. Best beach IMO. Have been Western ,Southern and Eastern a number of times. Used to love Jamaica and Grand Cayman--not so much any more--very touristy and bothered by beggars. Zip Lining in Rotan--Yea!! Tubing in Belize great fun also. Wish we could combine all these ports but not possible in one cruise.St Thomas--I used to love shopping for blue diamonds but have what I want now. Nassau is not my favorite in fact we plan to stay on the ship as well as Key West. I am sure after reading all the responses you are more confused than ever. Look at the ports of call board to help you. Have a great cruise which ever one you pick!

If you want a wonderful beach experience go to HMC. Best beach IMO. Have been Western ,Southern and Eastern a number of times. Used to love Jamaica and Grand Cayman--not so much any more--very touristy and bothered by beggars. Zip Lining in Rotan--Yea!! Tubing in Belize great fun also. Wish we could combine all these ports but not possible in one cruise.St Thomas--I used to love shopping for blue diamonds but have what I want now. Nassau is not my favorite in fact we plan to stay on the ship as well as Key West. I am sure after reading all the responses you are more confused than ever. Look at the ports of call board to help you. Have a great cruise which ever one you pick!

We had not been to Key West in a long time and I was really impressed. We took the Trolley Tour and did not get off at any of the 8 historical stops. Next time we will. I enjoyed seeing Old Town. HGTV has just done a Househunter's International show about a couple from Canada looking for a home in Key West. It was really interesting seeing one of the homes they had toured, and it looked better in real life than it did on TV. There were streets of shops..sandal shops, pocket books, cigars, candy, bakeries, jewelry....I would love to have some time to just browse there.

Our tour guide on the Trolley had lived there for 40 years. He knew the history of every brick and thus it was a totally interesting trip. I just really enjoyed it. It was clean..clean..clean.

To me..it was the kind of place that if I won the lotto..I would be looking down there for a summer place.

Archived