Toursaver coupons and Princess lodges

petlady7

Will stick with the Grande Denali and hope it will be OK.

I don't know what the rate is at the Grande Denali, but if you don't mind a sharing a bathroom, there are private rooms and private cabins at the Denali hostel. The hostel also has a shuttle to the park. You'll find the hostel in this Chamber of Commerce link:

http://www.alaskaone.com/_dcc/accommodations/

The Salmon Bake also has cabins and rooms with shared bath. And they run a 24 hr shuttle. I don't know about shuttle availability for non guests; probably space available. I haven't read anything about their accomodations, good or bad so you might want to check them out on trip advisor. The hostel has received lots of positive reviews:

http://denaliparksalmonbake.com/index.html

Just thought I'd add a couple of options in case the GrandeDenali is pricey even with a 2for.

I don't know what the rate is at the Grande Denali, but if you don't mind a sharing a bathroom, there are private rooms and private cabins at the Denali hostel. The hostel also has a shuttle to the park. You'll find the hostel in this Chamber of Commerce link:

http://www.alaskaone.com/_dcc/accommodations/

The Salmon Bake also has cabins and rooms with shared bath. And they run a 24 hr shuttle. I don't know about shuttle availability for non guests; probably space available. I haven't read anything about their accomodations, good or bad so you might want to check them out on trip advisor. The hostel has received lots of positive reviews:

http://denaliparksalmonbake.com/index.html

Just thought I'd add a couple of options in case the GrandeDenali is pricey even with a 2for.

Grande Denali booked early enough or late enough can be had for $150 or less per night in the rooms, $200 per night in the cabins (which will comfortably sleep two couples).

I have seen the Grande Denali as low as $79 per night in the rooms. BOGO and two for one coupons sometimes available.

I would do ANYTHING TO stay away from the overpopulated, confusing Princess even if it cost a lot more. We usually go to Denali in early September when the prices are cheap almost everyplace. We have stayed in the B & B's, the cheapos (almost like camping in some of them) and the Grande Denali still wins hands down on value for money.

Maybe you that have booked the Grande Denali Lodge can help me. I have tried booking online and when I put in my end of July stay it automatically puts me in for 3 nights instead of the two I type in. I called their number and they said if I was using a coupon I would have to call their sales office. I have tried twice and get their answering machine. I have left a message twice and no one has returned my calls. For those who have recently booked this lodge, how did you go about it and did you use the Northern Lights coupon book?

Hello jcmh

I have just tried a 'dummy' booking on the Grande Denali website and put various July dates and it took them ok. Their website works a bit differently than most, as usually you have to put in a arriva; and departure date, and i was doing this and getting 3 days comming up, and then i realised you just press on the actual nights you require - so go to 'book on line', change the calender (i just used the top one) to July 13, and press on the 2 'nights' you want, and then put number of people, and then enter NLC in the promo code (you will need to present the voucher on arrival) and then press 'search availablity', and then click on the type of room you require. Hope this helps - just to clarify - just click on the nights you want to stay, not your departure date.

Archived