Former repositioniting cruisers Mtl to Fll on Maasdam

jpres

I was on this cruise last Oct - it was a great one!

As to formal nights, you cannot use our schedule for certain, as the itineary is somewhat different year to year. As I recall, the next to last night on the ship was formal. Also the night we had a early port departure (about 2 PM). They try to schedule the formal nights on sea days and days with early port departures.

DaveOKC

It is likely your second night aboard and your next to last night aboard will be formal. There probably will be one other. It is rule of thumb, HAL has traditionally had two formal nights per week but there is some indication they are easing back a little from so many.

Enjoy your cruise. Maasdam is a wonderful ship with a fabulous crew.

If there is a third formal night, it is likely it will be a sea day mid way between the two we have estabalished are probable.

I have not gone to the HAL site to research your specific cruise but it you wish to post your itinerary, we can probably tell you the most likely night the third formal night will be.

Truth be told, I'm too lazy to do the research. :o

I had to look in my journal to see what we did. We had a port every day until the three southbound sea days, so they had to use port days for some formal nights.

We sailed on Saturday. Although we were in Quebec City all day on Sunday, that was a formal night.

We were in Gaspe on the first Wednesday, and that was a formal night. (That's the night we sailed at 2 PM)

The second week, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were sea days. The Wednesday was a formal night.

I had to look in my journal to see what we did. We had a port every day until the three southbound sea days, so they had to use port days for some formal nights.

We sailed on Saturday. Although we were in Quebec City all day on Sunday, that was a formal night.

We were in Gaspe on the first Wednesday, and that was a formal night. (That's the night we sailed at 2 PM)

The second week, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were sea days. The Wednesday was a formal night.

Kathy

Thank you do much. Sounds identical to our itenerary.

We sail on Saturday as well.

Sandra

It seems that each year this cruise changes its schedule slightly.

So there is no way for certain exactly how many formal nights you will have.

On one of our cruises for 11 days we were scheduled to have 3 formal nights -- according to our documents. But once we got on the ship -- there were only 2 formal nights.

Archived