Copenhagenn Luxury Hotel Needed

MalibuCA

We are going to be in Copenhagen for 3 or 4 nights post-cruise, and we are looking for a luxury hotel in a prime location. I was hoping to stay at the Hotel D'Angleterre, but it is closed for refurbishment. It is anticipated to reopen in May 2013. We will be in Copenhagen in August 2013. Although it "should" be up and running by then, there is no guarantee, and they are not taking reservations. If it's anything like remodeling construction in the USA, there is a reasonable chance that the reopening could be delayed. That being said, I am looking at two other hotels - the Hotel Nimb (#1 on Tripadvisor) and the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel. The Hotel Nimb sounds like a lovely boutique hotel, but it has no A/C and can be noisy due to its proximity to Tivoli Gardens - especially if one leaves the windows open for air. Not ideal considering its' hefty price. The Radisson has A/C and is better insulated, but is definitely not as deluxe as either the D'Angleterre or the Nimb. Also not ideal.

Are there any other luxury hotels that are well located with A/C that you can recommend? Have you stayed at the Nimb or the Radisson? What was your impression? I look forward to your suggestions!

Thanks,

Shelley

We recently stayed at the Copenhagen Marriott 2 nights pre-cruise and 1 night post-cruise. While it is probably considered borderline luxury, we were very happy with the hotel facilities and its service. It is about a 5-10 minute walk to Tivoli and a 15 minute walk to Nyhaven. We stayed on the executive floor and if you have a canal view it is really lovely.

The standard rooms are large for European standards and they do have some suites available. They have A/C and are far enough away from Tivoli and the new subway construction that it is very quiet.

I recently emailed D'angleterre to ask if they would be open in June 2013 and they responded that they would and provided me with a list of their rates. My TA was then able to book it for us. If the renovations aren't completed by next June we may be out on the street but for now I am keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck!

I recently emailed D'angleterre to ask if they would be open in June 2013 and they responded that they would and provided me with a list of their rates. My TA was then able to book it for us. If the renovations aren't completed by next June we may be out on the street but for now I am keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck!

Maybe you've done this but also book somewhere else so you have a backup plan.

Keith

We have stayed at the Radisson Blu Royal and had a corner room overlooking Tivoli. The bed was very good, the room quite small, bathroom nice. There was a connecting door to the adjoining room and on the day we were checking out a family checked in. We could hear them quite well, so were glad we were leaving. We did not eat there because it was quite expensive (for us). Our reservation was for a basic room, you may get more luxurious accommodations if you upgrade. The location is great! Saw the Nimb from the outside and used their fancy WC, there is a very nice cafe adjoining where we had breakfast (H. Andersen - very original). We stopped in at the cafe again this year while waiting for our train to Germany, much nicer than waiting in the train station which is right across the street.

Maybe you've done this but also book somewhere else so you have a backup plan. Keith

Agree with Keith on having a back-up option. For Copenhagen, we view location to be very important. AND, in a super great city with so many wonderful options, will you really spend that much time and get the full "benefits" from a luxury hotel?? Below is a hotel we like very much with a super handy location.

Don't miss the canal boat ride there, plus seeing Tivoli at night. With the lights on there in the evenings, it is very special and memorable.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 98,900 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 78,910 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

In Copenhagen, we stayed at The Square hotel that overlooks the main plaza in front of their City Hall with its large tower. This picture angle is framed by two statutes in front of this famed civic building. The design for The Square is also very unique and nice. It gives more of the feel of being in Denmark with the special design style and approaches. From the Travel Channel on her "Passport" TV shows, Samantha Brown stayed there and gave it good, deserved play/praise.:

CPHtheSquareHotelFront.jpg

Copenhagen’s famed Tivoli has a wide variety of entertainment happening each day and evening. Here, we enjoyed this super energized “BIG BAND” performance, including the Duke’s famed “Night Train” sounds. This park inspired Walt Disney for his great 20th Century creations! Tivoli’s history goes back to 1844. Very unique and special place that is so handy. If possible, visit there in the evening when the lighting makes things so much more magical!!:

TivoliBigBand.jpg

I must also add that the Angleterre was supposed to open around this time but when you start to work on buildings that are very very old there will be hidden surprises and because of that the reconstruction is delayed until March or April.

Hopefully for you it hopefully means that the delay already happened so the hotel will opens as scheduled

Archived