Restrooms at Denali and on other excursions

kenmii

Hi There-

Silly question, but I want to be prepared... How are the restrooms at Denali? Are they clean and well-stocked with toilet paper and seat covers? Or should I prepare to bring my own?

How about at Exit Glacier, Mendenhall and Major Marine? (I may as well ask!)

Thanks!

The restrooms in Denali , with the exception of the Visitor Center and the Wilderness Access center , were glorified outhouses. No sink, no toilet seat covers. Clean in the morning, but as anything, after many users...There was toilet paper and there was hand sanitizer provided. That said, the hand sanitizer did disappear over the course of the day..Not sure how often they restock. I always bring hand sanitizer wherever I go.

Exit Glacier and Mendenhall both had flush toilets at the visitor center . I do not recall seat covers. Toilet paper works for that.

As a female that uses restrooms often, I also was a little concerned about it, especially in Denali. I actually had no problem at all. I thought they were nicely done. We were on an early tour and had plenty of paper and sanitizer, but brought my own. One young lady - in her twenties- went in and came right out with such a face. She got back on the bus. I guess she did not realize it would be another 90 minutes before we got to the next one! Exit glacier had nice restroom at visitor center and so did Mendenhall. That is all you need there.

Toilet seat covers are Bring your Own. I always have Purell handy.

Alaska 'plumbing' can be a shock to some visitors, but most of the time the condition of the toilets in Alaska is far superior to what we encounter in Texas on a daily basis.

Archived