Pls tell me about Indy Aft Balconies???

B_Mc

Looking at booking an Indy aft balcony.

Can you tell me how much sun these get (weather permitting, of course!)? Is there a huge overhang? Are these nice afts? We're aware of the walking, etc.

Thanks!

How much sun mostly depends on the direction the ship is traveling. The aft balconies are huge. No worries about noise, even on deck 10 which is under the WJ. The best views are from decks 10 and 9. The lower the deck, the more of the ship's superstructure crisscrosses the view. I would stay away from decks 7 and 6 as there is a long, steel area at the aft of deck 6 which impedes any straight down view.

• 2 weeks later...

From the research I did:

Deck 10 are the best view,and have the most privacy, but are underneath the Windjammer. You may have noise during the cleaning up time (night) as they move around chairs, etc

Deck 9 -not much balcony privacy - deck 10 guest can simply stand at their railing and look down right onto your balcony since deck 9 sticks out further than 10

Deck 8 - not sure

Deck 7 - this is actually one of the better decks to book an aft balcony on. Your balcony has an overhang above it, giving you some privacy from the guest above you on deck 8. The disadvantage is that part of the ships superstructure is about 20-30 feet out from your balcony. It does not block your view much, but it's there.

Deck 6 - no balcony privacy. Guests from deck 7 have full view of your entire balcony.

Archived