Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

• 3 weeks later...

I am booked on the 4/1/05 sailing. What does this mean for us?

(26 prior cruises & 2 flights on Concorde)

It has been said that angels, while on Earth,

aren't allowed to show their wings,

but nothing was ever said

about not showing their whiskers. <^..^>

Hi Catnip,

Check the post "Summit 3/21/05 cruise officially "ON HOLD" by Celebrity." There's a lengthy discussion of the cancelled Summit cruises in late March and April.

Apparently, Celebrity puts cruises on hold fairly often. When it does, you have no way of knowing whether Celebrity is just checking to be sure bulk bookings by TAs are not causing the cruise to be overbooked or Celebrity is considering canceling the cruise and changing the itinerary or chartering the ship to a large group. It appears that the booking and customer service reps at Celebrity are not told what is going on and each one of them has a different answer when you call. Until Celebrity actually announces it is canceling a cruise, employees keep insiting that the cruise is not cancelled.

I'm on the 3/21/05 "on hold" cruise and we're all just waiting to see what will happen. Wish I could say something more specific.

Thanks for your reply. I have not bought my airfare yet, but would, as most people here, like to know if I should be looking for another cruise!! I wonder if I should put a deposit on another ship "just in case"? My mom and I were so looking forward to the Summit! I was on the Zenith several years ago and loved the food and all the trivia games on Celebrity! We just did the Brilliance 2 years in a row and were looking forward to being on Celebrity next spring. Well, I'll keep reading these boards to see when someone finds out something for sure.

We are also booked on the 4/11/05 sailing and today I was again given another reason why the ship is "red-lined" for 3 dates, 3/21, 4/1/ and 4/11. I could understand 1 of the sailings being put on hold, but 3??? Sounds to me like there are going to make an itinarary change, just my opinion. Fortunately, we live 15 minutes from the port, so no worries about air arrangements.

Ron, I know who is in the other Penthouse on our cruise, but he had made me promise not to reveal his identity. Not someone famous, just someone who is frequently referred to on these boards.

I guess we have no choice but to play Celebrity's "waiting game" until they make an official announcement about these cruises.

Nancy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Our Enchantment Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;5;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Until My Cruise to Hawaii on Infinity

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;04;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Summit 11 night cruise

I don't think Celebrity would bother to put a cruise on hold just to change ports. They do change ports from time to time. Did it for us last year on the Millenium. You just find out about port changes when you get your documents (or notice it on Celebrity's website or hear it on this board). If a cruise is put on hold because of possible changes, the changes will be great enough that the cruise will need to be cancelled.

When I said " itinarary change" I didn't mean port changes, I meant a repositioning of the ship, ie..to the West Coast for Mexican Riviera cruises. I think Celebrity has some big time changes in store for the Summit for these 3 cruises.

Also, Celebrity has raised the prices of the 3/11/05 cruise by hundreds of dollars, and they didn't put that cruise on "red-line hold".

Hope this mystery of these 3 sailings is solved very soon.

Nancy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;5;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;04;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Summit 11 night cruise

Hi All!

I talked to Gabe this morning at the Captains Club number to find out if anyone there was willing to give out any info, and according to him, the March 21, 2005 sailing is completely sold out, and the following 2 sailings have been taken out of inventory.

So, if it's been sold out, why doesn't it at least show up on the Fleet Calender? He couldn't answer this!

That's the news for today, which is basically NO NEWS!!

Jaime

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;3;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until We're on the Summit or Sun Princess

Thanks for trying........as we all anxiously await further news............

I'm on with my TA right now and he says the 3/21 sailing is "closed" and the two subsequent sailings aren't showing up on his system at all. Maybe this is a positive thing for those of us on the 3/21 sailing.

Hi I-M!

I called my TA after talking to Celebrity, mainly due to the fact that I have 2 coupons that have been sitting here since the day the cruise was redlined for $50.00 off my next Celebrity cruise, and a coupon for a "friend." Well, becuase of the redline stuff, I never gave her the coupon info, and they expire on May 29th.

What she did for me was to put them in her computer system dated for today, and she said as soon as the cruise came back up she'd get them in the Celebrity system, and my "friends" coupon would also be dated for today, so they could use theirs. Right now we have 2 different couples that want to cruise with us, and my TA is still feeling VERY confident the March 21 cruise is a GO! She said she's got info that still can't be divuldged, and I totally understand that, but at least she's starting to make me feel LOADS better about getting to cruise on Summit!

Wish I could be of more help to you 4/1 & 4/11 cruisers, but since I'm booked on the 3/21 cruise, that's the only one we can discuss.

Take Care,

Jaime

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;3;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until We're on the Summit or Sun Princess

I got in touch with my TA and she called today and this is what they told her (as of this afternoon) for the 4/1/05 sailing:

GOOD AFTERNOON DENISE,

I have spoke with the sales department and also with customer relations.

And at this time ------- THE SHIP WILL BE SAILING AS SCHEDULED

NO DRY DOCK OR NO LARGE GROUPS ON BOARD

THE RED CODE MEANS-- THEY ARE DOING A INVENTORY ON

CABINS REMAINING. THEY NORMALLY DO THAT ON ALL SAILINGS - BUT YOU

MANAGED TO FIND THIS ONE --------------- BUT AS OF NOW ----

YOU WILL BE SAILING AS SCHEDULED-

Hope that is true!!

icon_eek.gif Ron, too many cruises for me to keep track of...the "mystery person" in the Penthouse is on the Hawaii cruise is December, not on the Summit (I still can't tell who he is).

Anyway, thanks for the invite to the party, We've been in the Penthouse Suites on both Millie and Constellation (just to look) and they are amazing, lucky you!!

We put a hold on the Infinity to Alaska next year, just in case this one doesn't go. We've been to the islands so many times, and through the canal 2 years ago,we were basically doing this one so we could cruise with our friends from NY, they have no desire to cruise Alaska.

Hopefully, the "mystery" of this cruise will be solved very soon.

Nancy

Summit 11 night cruise

I spoke with Celebrity again today. This time I got a new story ...

(paraphrased)

The 3/21/05 booking is closed to allow those on the cancelled 1/28 booking the opportunity to book if they desire. She also said that the booking would reopen by June 15.

I'm a little skeptical because I haven't seen anyone from the 1/28/05 cancelled thread saying they were offered bookings on any of these sailings. However, the lady at Celebrity was certain that the cruise would not be cancelled.

The wait continues....

Imed - Did she say anything new about the 4/1 and 4/11 cruises?

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="2005" value=2004>

<param name="4" value=4>

<param name="01" value=26>

<param name="18" value=18>

</applet>

Yes, she said they too were on hold for 1/28 people to book as well. I'm a little skeptical, but she was very confident that the cruises were not going to be cancelled or diverted to a different itinerary.

Ed

Thanks for keeping us updated! I personally don't have it in me to keep calling. I saw the message you posted on the 1/28 thread and am watching for them to confirm they were offered those sailings also. I am keeping my fingers crossed... but that gives me some hope.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="2005" value=2004>

<param name="4" value=4>

<param name="01" value=26>

<param name="18" value=18>

</applet>

Archived