Blue Lagoon Carnival Excursion

davis2nd

Hello all,

We are in Nassau from 12-8 at the end of September and are looking at the BL excursion through Carnival. It says the excursion leaves at 12:30 and is 4.5 hours, boat ride is 30 minutes. So that puts us there at 1 and gets us back around 6 which means almost time to get back on the ship. Is it possible to leave BL earlier on a non Carnival ferry so that we have time to check out the fish fry? Or are we stuck having to travel back with the Carnival excursion. I would think you could do whatever you wanted at your own risk of course. Any help is appreciated.

Hello all,

We are in Nassau from 12-8 at the end of September and are looking at the BL excursion through Carnival. It says the excursion leaves at 12:30 and is 4.5 hours, boat ride is 30 minutes. So that puts us there at 1 and gets us back around 6 which means almost time to get back on the ship. Is it possible to leave BL earlier on a non Carnival ferry so that we have time to check out the fish fry? Or are we stuck having to travel back with the Carnival excursion. I would think you could do whatever you wanted at your own risk of course. Any help is appreciated.

The BL Ferry leaves Blue Lagoon Island at 1pm, 2pm and 4pm.

If you take the 4pm, you'll be back at 4:35/4:45 or so and then cab to the Fish fry -or grab the #10 jitney.

Since the fish fry is not 'fast food", it may take you over 2 hours to be served and eat. Cutting it a bit close to be back onboard by 7 - 7:30pm

Davis2nd .... We took the Blue Lagoon Excursion through Carnival in May and had a very good time. :)

You might want to possibly consider spending the entire time at BL and saving Fish Fry for anyother trip. As Scubagirrl mentioned ... it can take a while to get served at Fish Fry.

All of us are sometimes guilty of trying to do too much in a port and end up enjoying nothing FULLY.

Thanks Scuba and Ocruiser!

You may be right, trying to do too much would be a mistake. I would rather book right through Blue Lagoon to save $$ but I found this from their website:

"Our boats depart for Blue Lagoon Island at 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Our boats depart from Blue Lagoon Island at: 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m."

Since we don't arrive till 12:00 I am guessing the 1:30 departure is too late for us to have ample time at BL. Carnival leaves at 12:30 (guessing they contract the ferry to leave when they want to take you there) so that gives us more time, oh well stuck with Carnival...

As far as the excursion, my wife is looking for a quiet private type beach and I am looking for the same but with the ability to get cold beers from a bar and enjoy them on the beach. Does this seem like the right place for this?? I appreciate all the help.

By the way Scubagirl, I appreciate all your insight on these boards. You are greatly appreciated by all that visit the Bahamas.

Thanks Scuba and Ocruiser!

You may be right, trying to do too much would be a mistake. I would rather book right through Blue Lagoon to save $$ but I found this from their website:

"Our boats depart for Blue Lagoon Island at 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Our boats depart from Blue Lagoon Island at: 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m."

Since we don't arrive till 12:00 I am guessing the 1:30 departure is too late for us to have ample time at BL. Carnival leaves at 12:30 (guessing they contract the ferry to leave when they want to take you there) so that gives us more time, oh well stuck with Carnival...

As far as the excursion, my wife is looking for a quiet private type beach and I am looking for the same but with the ability to get cold beers from a bar and enjoy them on the beach. Does this seem like the right place for this?? I appreciate all the help.

By the way Scubagirl, I appreciate all your insight on these boards. You are greatly appreciated by all that visit the Bahamas.

I tried to book the excursion directly but they wouldn't let me since they had a contract with Carnival...We ended up spending not much more per person by booking thru Carnival.. And now we don't have to worry about the boat leaving without us or have to wait to take a later ferry ;) I did find a 10% Promo Code Discount for the excursion I was able to use thru the carnival website... ( I found it on google ) --

We just got back Sunday and we did the Blue Lagoon excursion through Carnival. It sounds exactly like what you are looking for. Very quiet beach, there is a bar, and the lagoon is so pretty with a few fish swimming around.

The code I used was BGD001.

Have fun!

We did the Blue Lagood excursion on August 24 through Carnival. Our cruise ship arrived at noon and as soon as we got off the ship, we were greeted by a girl holding a sign stating Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim. She then lead everyone down the dock through a market over to a smaller dock at a very fast pace. When we got there, they loaded us quickly onto the boat to go over to the Blue Lagoon.

Carnival was selling water on the ship at $3.95 for a big bottle of water and vendors were selling water for $1 for a smaller bottle that was ice cold. If you are wanting to buy water from a vendor, have your money ready to hand over because you do not have time to stop - you are moved at a fast pace so that you can buy drinks on board the boat over to the Blue Lagoon.

When we arrived at Blue Lagoon, we were immediately hustled over to the Dolphin area and given a video presentation then put into groups of 30 people (it included Carnival guests and other guests) - we were then divided into groups of 10 for meeting the dolphins. We were the last group of 10 to spend time with the dolphins so we got to enjoy watching the dolphins longer.:cool:

After our dolphin swim, we went over to the gift shop to look at the photos - it was 3:30pm at that time and I wanted to buy my son a wristband to do the water toys but they didn't want to sell it to me as it was only open until 4pm so we did not have time to do anything but the dolphin encounter.

I bought my son a hot dog combo which included a large hot dog, small bag of chips and can of coke for $6.95. He was still hungry for chips and the small bag of chips was $2.50 so the combo was a much better deal. I looked at the pictures and bought them because they were awesome. It was $39 for the Dolphin package and you got 3 different pictures (5x7) with 2 dolphin fridge magnets. They automatically print of the 3 pictures for everyone but they do not pressure anyone to buy them. I thought that $39 was reasonable for such excellent pictures.

We then went over to the dock that we arrived at as we were told to be there for 4:30pm - we waited and waited then at 5:20pm the boat showed up to get us. We all watched at 4:30pm when the Dolphin Lagoon boat took the people who booked directly with them leave and we all stood around waiting for the Carnival Excursion boat. The tour guide kept coming every 10-15 minutes to tell us that she had just spoken to the driver and the boat was delayed due to rough waves but would be there in 10 minutes - people were starting to wonder after the 4th time that she said it. lol :rolleyes:

We got back to the dock at 6:10pm and it was pouring rain just as we pulled into the dock so everyone got soaked to the bone going back to the ship. Carnival staff were there to greet us with warm towels which I thought was a very nice touch. ;)

After this experience, I think that you are very safe to book directly with Blue Lagoon for the encounter as they were on time and kept things moving. The Carnival excursion company was not timely and I know it caused a lot of stress to people even though they knew the ship would not leave without them but the people that had early dining were not sure if they would be able to eat in the Dining Room due to our late return. :mad:

I hope this information helps. By the way, it was an amazing experience and I am so glad we booked it. I just wish we would have had more time to experience more of Blue Lagoon.:D

I would book directly through blue lagoon. It is sooooo much cheaper.

It is cheaper but when booking through the ship you have that security of knowing the ship won't leave without you. We're doing that excursion and that extra $30 is worth knowing that my ship will still be there when I get back to the dock! You never know what is going to happen that could possibly hold you up.

Archived