Wedding Vow Renewal

Bob and Linda

My wife and I will be sailing on the Carnival Destiny in January 2013. We'll be celebrating our 40th anniversary. Our sons, daughter in-laws and grand daughters will also be sailing with us. I was wondering if anyone else has renewed their Wedding Vows on a cruise? If so was it worth it? Carnival has two package deals one for $ 385. and the other for $ 735. I'm leaning toward the less expensive one. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I will be sailing on the Carnival Destiny in January 2013. We'll be celebrating our 40th anniversary. Our sons, daughter in-laws and grand daughters will also be sailing with us. I was wondering if anyone else has renewed their Wedding Vows on a cruise? If so was it worth it? Carnival has two package deals one for $ 385. and the other for $ 735. I'm leaning toward the less expensive one. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It depends on what you are looking for..

We will be renewing our vows on the Liberty. We opted for a private ceremony and private cocktail hour, followed by dinner reservations at the steakhouse. A good friend from our 2009 cruise will be doing the ceremony. This allowed us to call the shots as far as location, time, etc was concerned. With a large party,(17) this was the more 'financially responsible' decision for us, as we can opt to do group photos on formal night if we choose to. Family and Friends will take photos that night, and heck, I'm sure we'll get the staff involved, too!

I guess it depends on how important the 'frills' are to you.. a ceremony performed by the captain or 'other designee' didn't sit will with me....

PS.. Congrats on 40 years!

The difference seems to be only the number of guests and the one hour of open bar and canapes. Were you planning on a group of guests?

When we did this, we had no guests as we knew no one aboard. At that time the price was around $150 plus guests at $12 each. I guess they now want more money and still assume in most cases there will be no guests ($385 price). It is (was) a pretty big cake for two.:eek::eek:

CONGRATS ON YOUR 40TH!!!

We haven't done it yet, but we did book the more expensive vow renewal package for January cruise and are using it as our wedding ceremony since we wanted to get married at sea. We will have 13-15 guests with us. Carnival Weddings/VR has been great to work with so far and get back to me very quickly when I have questions.

My daughter and son in law did the wedding vows renewal this past April on Senation. It was beautiful and the staff was excellent. They booked the more expensive one due to us having a total of 19 (including "bride and groom"). We really enjoyed it and it was actually just like a wedding. Hope you both enjoy yours as well and Happy Anniversary.

Archived