Is this flight cutting it too close?

lrwl2006

If you have to ask you know the answer.

My sentiments exactly! If you have to ask "Am I cutting it too close?" then the answer is "Yes."

Though not en route to a cruise, I was reminded of a time that I was flying from Washington, DC to Seattle, and my flight out of National was so delayed I could see I would miss my connection in Chicago. I changed to a non-stop from Dulles to Seattle, hopped in a cab, made the flight out of Dulles OK, and sat back to relax, "knowing" it was non-stop so I would get to Seattle in time. Wrong! There were severe headwinds, and delays into SeaTac, so the plane had to stop in Portland, Oregon to refuel. We were 3 hours late getting to Seattle.

There are way too many unpredictable things that can go wrong when traveling. Arrive a day or two early!

Boston traffic isn't the best, but it's still quicker from Logan to the pier than from the airport to the pier in Vancouver or Seattle. Not to mention Rome or Southhampton...

Maasdam sails on Saturdays and there is no where near the traffic of a business day...... though it is possible there could be a special event.

If all is 'normal' for a Saturday, it is only a 10- 15 minute taxi ride from Logan Airport through the Ted Williams Tunnel to Black Falcon Cruise Terminal.

Anything can (and does) happen on a regular basis to tie up Boston traffic. :eek:

Come the day before if at all possible.

I live in Boston and fly in/out of Logan. Getting luggage to baggage claim can take forever. If your luggage is the last off the plane you could wait close to an hour for it to arrive.

This is a long standing problem at the airport. I've forgotten the year of the mayoral campaign, I think pre-2001, when Mayor Menino had as a plank on his platform "to make no one wait longer than 25 minutes for their bags at Logan." Wishful thinking.

Archived