Marigot Just want to have dinner. Taxi or ?

14thmed

I thought that you mentioned your ship leaving at 6:00.

That would seem to mean 'Back-on-board' by 5:30.

I'd allow at least 45 minutes returning from Marigot, so out of there around 4:30'ish.

Sounds like an early dinner.

That said, Marigot is part of France, so the check already includes a service charge, 'Servis Compris', probably 15%. If you want to leave a bit more, like your change up to a few Euros, I'm certain that it would be appreciated. About.com link.

I wouldn't think reservations would be needed for such an early seating, especially this time of year. Do note that many French-side restaurants are closed during this September-October timeframe.

Yes, taxi would be the recommended transportation.

th_Destinationsnew.jpg

(click)

gary

I think that I would plan on going out for lunch instead of dinner. Traffic in Marigot can surprise you sometimes and if you have to be back by 6:30 then you should aim to be back by at least 6 from Marigot. That would mean leaving by 5:30. If I am remembering correctly many restaurants don't open for dinner until 5:30 and some 6 in Marigot. I would give your plan some more thought. You might also want to consider one of the nice restaurants in Philipsburg and then you wouldn't have to leave for the ship until 6 or even later.

Showing my age Breakfast-Dinner-Supper where I grew up. Lunch will work. Al

For me dinner and supper are interchangeable.:). Marina Royale in Marigot has many nice restaurants that are open for lunch. If you want to do some shopping in Marigot you should plan on doing it before 1 pm as many close in the afternoon for a few hours.

Archived