Anything New on the Independence?

We are going on the Independence next March. After we booked, I read that the Independence will be going into drydock in May and having all kinds of additions done to her. Does anyone know of anything they have already started and should be or has been finished before March 2013?

We are going on the Independence next March. After we booked, I read that the Independence will be going into drydock in May and having all kinds of additions done to her. Does anyone know of anything they have already started and should be or has been finished before March 2013?

No changes are currently scheduled or have been done for Indy that I know of before it's dry-dock.

The changes planned for Independence can be viewed Here!

As you can see they are minimal, and less than virtually any other ship in the fleet, including the sister Freedom class ships.

Looks like just a cupcake cupboard (why bother?) An outdoor movie screen (for that great Northern European weather) Digital signage. Upgraded (but still prohibitively expensive) Wi-Fi, and a nursery! Not sure why there is no "Dreamworks" planned, or the other fleet enhancements? Thought it might have been a licensing issue, but Liberty which cruises around Europe (in Summer) seems to be getting these.

Archived