the shortened cruise trip on the aug 26,2012 allure of the sea, cabin #9311,9313

So has RCI paid you what you thought they would? $400 per day and $125 for two nights each htl stay. Were you paid in cash or credit refund? Was it a flat rate or did you have to show receipts?

the OBC plus related taxes and gratuities for the shortened cruise showed up on your account like on the second day of cruise, the unused portion was refund back to your credit card on file.

As far as the $400 meal allowance and the hotel stay, we have yet to file it with rccl, i am planning to do that this weekend, but i pretty much have everything on one bill (w hotel final check out folio), so i believe i will be getting a check from them in a few weeks later. that should be about $1000 reimbursement from RCCL for the 4 of us.

Lobster tail on the second last meal at the MDR, our server Samindah and assistant waiter Almin were top notch, they were the nicest ppl in the world.

Because we had kids, they always had fruit plate, tortilla chips with guacamole and milk ready at the table when we arrived.

We are used to Maine lobster in the States, a treat to try some australian lobster tail.

DSC01541.JPG

some pictures from the cental Park at night, the rising tide Bar that had traveled from the Promendae to the Central Park level

DSC01404.JPG

One of my favorite Bar if you prefer some quiet time and a nice breeze (central Park always has a nice breeze going)

DSC01401.JPG

Central Park at night, very pretty and relaxing

DSC01391.JPG

DSC01385.JPG

Some additional pictures from Central Park.

Park Cafe opens for breakfast and lunch, I adore the roast beef sandwich, I usually order myself a french onion soup on the side so I can dunk the whole sandwich in, much like an italian beef sandwich.

At park cafe, they have Asian noodle with shrimp salad, three beans salad, fruit cups and bags of chip you can take with you to your room, to the pool deck, very convenient.

DSC01274.JPG

DSC01269.JPG

DSC01264.JPG

DSC01263.JPG

DSC01125.JPG

it is really nice to have the balconies connected becuase each one balcony only has two chairs and a small table, if there are 4 of you, and you enjoy spending time together eating breakfast, its best to move all chairs and tables to one balcony.

Thanks, I'll ask the steward on the first day when he introduces himself.

We'll get tickets to one aqua show and see it the other two nights from the balcony. I have read some negative things about the boardwalk balcony cabins. But they are too unique to pass up. We can do oceanview on any cruise.

Thanks, I'll ask the steward on the first day when he introduces himself.

We'll get tickets to one aqua show and see it the other two nights from the balcony. I have read some negative things about the boardwalk balcony cabins. But they are too unique to pass up. We can do oceanview on any cruise.

there are always negative aspects to everything we do and we see on a daily basis. just be happy with it and enjoy the most out of it.

If noise is an issue and it does bother you a lot, then go for the Central Park Balconies (very quiet) or the oceanview balconies.

I am not sure what other negative things being posted about BW balconies, list them here and we shall discuss :rolleyes:

it is important to be informed, that's why we are here.... ;)

oh originally we had booked the very last room aft on deck 14 ocean balcony for myself and my wife only. we had been wanting a vacation just for ourselves but after reading on this board for the final four weeks before sailing, we were feeling a little guilty for not taking them along given all these kids activities and such kids friendly ship.

so at first we were looking at quads but not many were available and to be honest quite expensive, so i started looking for a room just for the two of them, at the time, there were only two connecting rooms left n the ship and it would cost less (fiure this ??) probably because of last min booking??

to answer your question, we werent thinking bout c&a ppints and we were looking at two bathrooms and two balconies sure beat a js right?

yes we gave up a ocean balcony but we truely enjoyed the bw balconies.

For the past several years, we have alternated taking the kids on cruises and cruising without them. The Allure, obviously, for us, is a family cruise. We originally booked an oceanview and an interior/inside directly across for the kids. But we decided to pay a bit more and get two boardway balcony cabins.

It's great that RCI seems to have taken care of you monetarily. I saw two threads here where people are complaining about it.

Traveling with a 9 year old and 12 year old, we opted for two connecting oceanview cabins (no balconies), 9102 and 9104 right at the bow of the ship ... our windows looked forward, with the bridge above us and the helipad in front of us.

I considered a JS but decided against it because of the privacy as well as the two bathrooms. Not privacy exactly, more separation. If the kids want to be boisterous and loud they can go next door; if they are at odds with each other they can each go to a separate space. It's the same reason that when we travel with them we prefer to stay places like Embassy Suites ... we all sleep in the bedroom at night but it's nice to have two separate rooms just to have the space and separation.

And let me tell you, two bathrooms was a VERY nice luxury!

I totally agree. My boys are 7 and 9, and I don't feel the burning need to hear every private kid conversation they are having from 2 feet away. We have booked connectings ever since they got so big, basically (if we can't get/afford an Owner's Suite, which does IMO offer the desired amount of privacy). I love that we can come back to the room after a day ashore--we are all exhausted and cranky from hunger--and I can relax on the bed or balcony while they (usually) watch a kid movie in their bedroom. When I'm not sharing the room with them, I also don't feel the burning need to be constantly picking up after their messy selves. LOL. We just do a 5-minute power clean before we let the suite attendant in.

Plus, having two bathrooms is a huge plus for a family of 4 when it comes to getting ready for dinner--especially formal night.

For the past several years, we have alternated taking the kids on cruises and cruising without them. The Allure, obviously, for us, is a family cruise. We originally booked an oceanview and an interior/inside directly across for the kids. But we decided to pay a bit more and get two boardway balcony cabins.

It's great that RCI seems to have taken care of you monetarily. I saw two threads here where people are complaining about it.

For the money part, it should be the same for everyone, no surprises and not base on individual negotiations.

The only reason they would complain if they didn't think $100 per person per day was enough to cover their food expenses :D

For dinner alone at the 954 Steakhouse at the W hotel was close to $400 for the 4 of us, we had some nice Australian kobe Steak, but we were on vacation and didn't mind to splurge a little. :D

Schooner bar was my absolutely favorite, the drinks were large and very reasonable, for example, their 20oz schooner (the New South Wales Schooner size) of Stella Artois was about $5.50 with tips included.

DSC01141.JPG

one day they were doing some magaritas special, $7.75 / glass, you keep the glass, very nice deal and great drink also.

DSC01297.JPG