Am I stupid for considering an inside guarantee on Splendor

SandS204ever

Am I stupid for considering an inside guarantee on Splendor, or should I pony up the extra $200 and pick our cabin? Neither of us get sea sick, nor care what deck we are on. The wife has trouble sleeping away from home so noise might be an issue, are the elevators and laundry areas really that loud?

I ran in to a woman on our last cruise who's cabin was at the front of the ship, we had a night of a little rougher seas. She said they could hear the ship and the waves and it was awful.

The Splendor always seems to be rough on the return trip.

We were across from the laundry room (7351) on the Splendor in March and it was not noisy.

I don't think it's stupid at all. If you don't care where you are on the ship, don't get bothered by motion or noise, then save the $200 and use that on the ship. I don't usually care where I am on board either, as long as there is a bed and a shower I'm happy. I do bring ear plugs with me (husband snores lol) so those aren't a bad thing to have in case you get stuck somewhere noisy. Either way, doubt you'll spend much time in the cabin anyway, jmho.

I personally love guarantees, and think of them like Christmas. I would rather have one than pick a cabin.

I got Lido deck insides the last two times with a inside gty. I loved being on Lido deck.. it might not be great .. but it could be a good location. BTW I was pretty far forward, but i dont care, I was on Lido deck. I can almost always find positives about any location.

I've never stayed way forward and try to avoid that because of motion and I heard that you an hear noise from the anchor and whatnot when the ship docks. We have been right off of elevators and while the elevators don't seem to bother us the folks getting off are frequently loud and chatty. So, now, I try to avoid being right off the elevators (especially the midship ones, they seem busiest). If it's a 7 day cruise, I would probably pick the cabin...if it's shorter, I might go with the GTY. I did a GTY once, though it was a balcony and we got a good location.

Archived