NCL Dawn, Room 12522 (SD) Boston to Bermuda 8-31-2012 to 9-7-2012

my_crib_too

By looking at deck plans, the cabin space appears to be the same. The ship bumps out at the point where the balcony suites begin, making room for a balcony. We stayed in an SJ last fall, but never had an opportunity to peek into one of the balcony suites.

We have stayed in both the SJ (without Balcony) and this suite and felt that both rooms were the same size. The balcony is additional space to the room.

Thanks both. That's what I was hoping to hear. :)

Does anyone know....the Family Suites without balcony.... are they bigger rooms because the "balcony" is simply part of the room, or are they the same size - but with no balcony?

Just curious. I'm in one, in 3 weeks... so I'll know then, I suppose... :confused:

I was in 12016 on the Dawn and toured one of the Family suites with balcony near by. I think it was 12022. The suites looked the same and seemed to be the same size. The balcony was added to the hull of the ship and sticks out. The family suites with balcony on the Star are different and do take some of the interior space to add the balcony.

We are looking to change from our Aft. suite to a SD in Jan. the cost is near the same, any guess on the best one to pick? we don't want a balcony that has odd shapes to it, from what I have seen is the 2nd and 3rd cabins from the front look the best.

I wouldn't book the first one toward the front of the ship, seems like it might be windy when the ship is moving. I wouldn't book the last one toward the rear of the ship because of the odd shaped deck.

We had the second from the front and had no wind issues.

On the Dawn, I don't like the aft suites because of the old style bathrooms. Once you have a large, two sink bathroom on a cruise ship, it's hard to go back to the smaller style. (that's just us though)

Was there a DVD player in the room? We are on the Dawn for Thanksgiving in an SD suite and was told there was, but didn't see it in your pictures.

Thanks,

Jason

We cruised an SD in May and there was a DVD player! It is actually built into the right side of the flat screen television, which is why there had been some confusion about whether or not it existed. We used it and it worked well!

We cruised an SD in May and there was a DVD player! It is actually built into the right side of the flat screen television, which is why there had been some confusion about whether or not it existed. We used it and it worked well!

Thanks for the info.

Jason

We are looking to change from our Aft. suite to a SD in Jan. the cost is near the same, any guess on the best one to pick? we don't want a balcony that has odd shapes to it, from what I have seen is the 2nd and 3rd cabins from the front look the best.

Depends on if you want a bigger room or bigger balcony. If you booked directly with NCL they have the sq feet for each. The balcony's were biggest for 12522 and 12022 but not sure how much smaller the suite is. I think there is like a 20sq foot range.

The jogging track does not go over the top of this suite.

If you listen, you might hear a chair being dragged across the deck from above. Nothing to wake you up early in the morning but there is some occasional, light noise.

Thanks, we have been in most suites and wanted to give this one a try, first time on the Dawn, we have been on the Star twice, before the remodel.

Fri Boston

Sat At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Tue St. Thomas

Wed Antigua

Thu Barbados

Fri At Sea

Sat Curacao

Sun Aruba

Mon At Sea

Tue At Sea

Wed Cozumel

Thu At Sea

Fri Tampa

Now that’s a fun cruise!!! You are going to have a great time in this suite.

• 1 year later...

Thanks so much for those pictures, just plan to do a trip on the dawn in one of these. I find this cabin very nice and also the balcony, but would be better with some shades over the balcony to roll out and in on our own. (like at home ;))