Shore Excursions on St.Kitts

Floridiana

Among the shore excursions in St. Kitts are two hikes, both described as strenuous. One is up the volcano, over 6 hours, minmum age 10 and max. 65.

The other one is about 4 hours, includes a stop at a store, minimum age 4 and max. age 65. How can a 4 year old do an excursion that is supposedly difficult for a 65 year old? I have never seen an age restriction at 65. Is it seriously enforced?

The second one sounds like the excursion that Princess offered and we couldn't take because the ship skipped St. Kitts after the passengers of a shoreex bus were robbed. I was looking forward to taking it on my next visit to St.Kitts.

Did anyone take the second hike? How strenuous was it really for someone WITHOUT mobility issues? Was it 2 hours steeply uphill at a speed that made everybody pant except Olympic athletes?

Last March we did an independent tour, which we found on our CC roll call.

The trip was very nice, saw a good part of the island, the fort, the Batik, and a stop at a beach. After the beach, some decided to head back to so shopping, some decided to stay at the beach. We choose the beach, and they came back to pick us up.

Here is a link to some pictures I took:

http://s1169.photobucket.com/albums/r512/rakes51/Navigator%20of%20the%20Seas%20March%2016%202012/Thenford%20Grey%20St%20Kitts%20Tour/

To find google Grey Tours and St Kitts, or check the St Kitts forum.

Among the shore excursions in St. Kitts are two hikes, both described as strenuous. One is up the volcano, over 6 hours, minmum age 10 and max. 65.

The other one is about 4 hours, includes a stop at a store, minimum age 4 and max. age 65. How can a 4 year old do an excursion that is supposedly difficult for a 65 year old? I have never seen an age restriction at 65. Is it seriously enforced?

The second one sounds like the excursion that Princess offered and we couldn't take because the ship skipped St. Kitts after the passengers of a shoreex bus were robbed. I was looking forward to taking it on my next visit to St.Kitts.

Did anyone take the second hike? How strenuous was it really for someone WITHOUT mobility issues? Was it 2 hours steeply uphill at a speed that made everybody pant except Olympic athletes?

You will likely get many more detailed answers to this on the St. Kitts & Nevis board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=222 rather than the specific Celebrity Forum. I would suggest checking there for info and opnions on the different hikes.

Good luck.

Archived