Please explain what a cruise certificate is

MAJ

I am confused : what is a cruise certificate and how do you get one?

What does it mean to book on board and leave your booking to decide later?

Is that when you get a certificate ?

Are these two different things?

I know it may seem silly to be asking this but I do not honestly know :confused:

Do you mean a 'Next Cruise Certificate'? This means if you want to take another cruise but don't know when or where you can usually pay a reduced deposit and get one from the onboard loyalty ambassador, then when you see a cruise you want once you are back home you can call RCI and they will book it for you and give you OBC as if you had booked on board. Hope this is what you need.

When you are on your cruise, you can meet with a Loyalty Embassador who can sell you a Next Cruise Certificate (NCC). You pay a reduced deposit (and only 1 person needs to be listed so even less) and will get OBC for the next cruise when you book it. You save the certificate til you decide what cruise you want to go on and then when you book it, tell them you have a NCC and they will apply it. You then have to pay the rest of the deposits required. With a NCC you also get 2 Friends and Family certificates which you can give to others cruising with you (we use one for our kids' room) and they will get the OBC also.

IF while on board you know the next cruise you want to take you can also book that specific cruise on board and get OBC( but I don't think you get the friends & family certificates this way)

can you use this certificate if you book with a travel agent or just if you call royal carib?

Either. When you purchase the Next Cruise certificate, you can designate if you want it assigned to a travel agent or just yourself. If you don't assign it to a travel agent at the time of purchase, then you would call Royal to assign it to a special cruise. Once it's assigned to a cruise, you can still transfer it to a travel agent if you request that within 60 days of choosing a specific cruise.

Another related question....

Can the balcony/suite discount be applied if I buy a 'Next Cruise Certificate'?

Yes, booking on board (either a specific cruise or a Next Cruise certificate) is the only way to combine the balcony discount with a Royal OBC.

I used one yesterday, I reserved my cabin online phoned RC they moved my saved cabin to my NCC reference I asked for the 5% online discount and they gave it me $75 OBC to cover that plus the $150 with my NCC, plus a £125 saving certificate, a great deal..

Jason

When you are on your cruise, you can meet with a Loyalty Embassador who can sell you a Next Cruise Certificate (NCC). You pay a reduced deposit (and only 1 person needs to be listed so even less) and will get OBC for the next cruise when you book it. You save the certificate til you decide what cruise you want to go on and then when you book it, tell them you have a NCC and they will apply it. You then have to pay the rest of the deposits required. With a NCC you also get 2 Friends and Family certificates which you can give to others cruising with you (we use one for our kids' room) and they will get the OBC also.

IF while on board you know the next cruise you want to take you can also book that specific cruise on board and get OBC( but I don't think you get the friends & family certificates this way)

I am even more confused : on a cruise March 2012 I paid the Loyalty Ambassador £75 each -hubby & myself total £150 deposit for next cruise

We sailed with Brilliance in July this year but we didn't use it

So in August we decided to book a Trans on Liberty 2012 booked this with a TA

But they refused to take my £150 of the price of the cruise because they said the cruise had been reduced .

I then booked Oasis for 7 days with a different TA & they took the £150 of the price of the cruise. I am getting OBC but would I have got more for a 14 night cruise ?

If we hadn't sailed with Oasis I would still be holding the voucher for another year & then what if the next 14 night I wanted to book was reduced

I thought maybe a cruise certificate was something bought direct from RCCL and simple to use

Decide Later Onboard Booking for UK Cruisers.

The reduced deposit is £75 or 75 Euros for each named guest on the booking.

The booking can be made for a single guest.

Reduced deposit is non-refundable.

There is no expiry date on the booking with regards to when it must be used by.

When the Decide Later is made into a confirmed booking, the full deposit must be paid for all guests on the booking.

For Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises, the OBC will be in dollars and depends on the length of the sailing.

OBC (onboard credit) From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Once a booking is confirmed, a maximum of 2 other bookings from Friends & Family can receive the same onboard benefits but this must be done within 30 days of the original booking being confirmed. They must be on the exact same sailing.

With RCCL, this Decide Later OBC can be combined with either C&A Balcony/Suite Discount or a C&A savings voucher but not both.

In order not to lose the benefits on the chosen sailing at least one name must remain on the booking from the beginning of the process.

The booking is non-transferable.

Archived