Our Ecstasy Cruise

TheGirlNextDoor

So the last night I was moping a little because I knew my cruise was about over. We went to big lounge for a show that night. As I was taking my seat, a woman right behind me fell to the ground. I was stunned. Immediately her husband helped her up and I asked her if she was ok. She sat down in front of me and told me that she was very sick and didn't want me to think she was drunk. Well I knew she was sick as she was very frail looking. I told her not to worry that I didn't think she was a drunk. During the show, I couldn't help but think of her. I knew in my heart that she was a very sick woman and looked like she may be dying soon. She just had a look. I thought about how this was probably her last "Hoorah". It made me realize not to be sad with my last night and be happy that I would have other cruises. The next morning we saw that poor woman at the Lido buffet. She was with her husband and teenaged daughter. My heart just went out to them. My husband said he overheard her husband on the phone later telling someone that they had a good time, that she was weak, and didn't feel well much of the trip. That woman has been in my thoughts ever since.

Here was the last night in the theater...

DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg

For those who may be interested in visiting Galveston, I'll post our pictures from our 2 days there.

When we got off the ship, we drove to the Kemah Boardwalk. I think its about 40 minutes from Galveston. This was a really neat place!!!

at one of the pretty hotels on the boardwalk

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

We visited the Sea Aquriuam... Pretty neat!

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0569.jpg

DSC_0579.jpg

For dinner, we headed back to Galveston and ate at The Spot. I've seen it on the Galveston webcams website and knew we had to sit outside where we could be seen on it. We had the kids call all the grandparents to have them see us online. The kids got pretty tickled with us. Here we are as we appeared online!

christineiphone5-22233.jpg

DSC_0737.jpg

DSC_0741.jpg

DSC_0762.jpg

DSC_0745.jpg

Thanks for the wonderful photos. Obvious that the beautiful children had a wonderful time. We are doing a pre cruise in Galveston as well, and are looking forward to hearing which venues you enjoyed there. Did you go to the Space Center in Houston, by any chance?

I really enjoyed your picture review. You look like you have a very sweet family.

My daughter (then age 14) and I took our very first cruise on the Ecstasy in 2006 and we absolutely loved it.

The next year, we cruised with one of my friends & her daughter on the Conquest, and while it was very fun also, I really had a soft spot for the Ecstasy. Maybe because she was our first cruise? We really enjoyed her. And, she might be smaller than the big ships - but she still had alot to offer. It looks like they've made some renovations to the ship. They didn't have the waterworks on her then.

My husband and I sail on the Magic the 23rd - so a week after you! We are celebrating our 35th anniversary. Its his first cruise, and I can't wait to see it all "new" through his eyes!

Have fun on your trip!

Thanks for the wonderful photos. Obvious that the beautiful children had a wonderful time. We are doing a pre cruise in Galveston as well, and are looking forward to hearing which venues you enjoyed there. Did you go to the Space Center in Houston, by any chance?

No, we didn't make it to the Space Center. I've lived in Texas most of my life and believe it or not, I've never vacationed in Houston.

Galveston is a very neat island. I love the historical homes and downtown area. However, I think Galveston has been neglected. I'm not sure why either. With the kids, we really enjoyed Kemah Boardwalk. Since last year, Galveston got their own boardwalk called Pleasure Pier. I haven't seen it yet so I am not sure how it compares to Kemah.

One thing we didn't get to do but is on our to do list someday is go to Moody Gardens. From what I hear, its pretty neat. There is much to do there as well. I think there is a rainforest section, an aqurium section, a water park, steam boat rides, shows, etc. In the summer, they have fireworks every night.

That is it for my review... I hope you liked it. I may go and do one now for my cruise in 2010. Looking at all these pictures is getting me so excited for my upcoming cruise this weekend!!!

Wonderful review! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I need to do one for our July '12 Legend cruise. You have inspired me. Your children are beautiful!

Archived