Our Ecstasy Cruise

TheGirlNextDoor

thanks for sharing, I am enjoying the review.

I have a question, were you shooting with a flash on those night pictures on the top deck? I trying to tell if you're or not. Some of those pictures have some great contract and the background is to die for.

Nice review :)

Wonderful review......thanks for sharing. It is so nice to see pics of the Carnival Ecstasy. I am going on the Ecstasy on December 3.

Your kids are adorable.....and looked like they had a blast :) I am subscribing to your thread to read more

Thank you. Its such a lovely ship.. I almost passed over her. I am so glad I didn't.

thanks for sharing, I am enjoying the review.

I have a question, were you shooting with a flash on those night pictures on the top deck? I trying to tell if you're or not. Some of those pictures have some great contract and the background is to die for.

Nice review :)

Thank you! I think I did use the flash on my camera. I have a Nikkon D3100. I love taking pictures but I am not good at it. I keep saying I'm going to take a class.

Day 3 we were in Progresso. Honestly, I wasn't impressed with Progresso. It seemed like a dumpy little town. We still had a great tiem though and it was the first time my 3 youngest kids have been on a beach.... I was so excited for them! We did a beach excursion thru Carnival.

I tried to take pictures of the 2 ships docked but my camera kept fogging over. I need to figure out how to keep that from happening. We were in port next to the Triumph. I wanted to take pictures of it since it was the ship that would replace Ecstasy in Galveston.

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

Great review!!! :D We are sailing on the Ecstasy in 27 days with our 13 yr old (HF Austistic) DS and 3 yr old DD. DD is very excited about another trip on a "big boat".

Did your room have a trundle bed and if so did it go under the bed during the day? Our past cruises with the kids have been in an ocean suite with DS on with a pull-down and DD on the couch bed so this will be our first time with a trundle bed.

Great review!!! :D We are sailing on the Ecstasy in 27 days with our 13 yr old (HF Austistic) DS and 3 yr old DD. DD is very excited about another trip on a "big boat".

Did your room have a trundle bed and if so did it go under the bed during the day? Our past cruises with the kids have been in an ocean suite with DS on with a pull-down and DD on the couch bed so this will be our first time with a trundle bed.

Thank you!!! Our rooms had one pull down bed up high. It was put away during the day and pulled down at night. The rooms were a bit crowded with us in and all our stuff but it was fine. It helps getting it out of the way for the day. I hope you enjoy your cruise!!

The kids had a blast here. There was kayaking, water bouncers, bananna boats, rafts, etc. We also got to eat lunch. I did enjoy this beach but just wasn't impressed with Progresso in general... but it was fine enough and we enjoyed ourselves.

112_2065.jpg

112_2077.jpg

My DH gave me a hard time because I had the kids all wear patriotic USA swimsuits in Mexico. :cool:

112_2087.jpg

112_2089.jpg

112_2106.jpg

Thank you! I think I did use the flash on my camera. I have a Nikkon D3100. I love taking pictures but I am not good at it. I keep saying I'm going to take a class.

I used to have the same camera :D I bought it for a trip to europe and then sold it cause I needed some extra cash and now bought another one, a sony this time. I loved my D3100, great performer!

The pictures are really good, but if you feel you want to improve all you need is get a good photography book, that is how I learned my techniques. I am not a pro not even near it, ;) lol, but I am slowly trying to learn.

I used to have the same camera :D I bought it for a trip to europe and then sold it cause I needed some extra cash and now bought another one, a sony this time. I loved my D3100, great performer!

The pictures are really good, but if you feel you want to improve all you need is get a good photography book, that is how I learned my techniques. I am not a pro not even near it, ;) lol, but I am slowly trying to learn.

Thank you. I'll have to look into a photography book. I really like this camera too.

Day 4, we were in Cozumel. My favorite port out of all 4 I've ever been too. :D Cozumel is so beautiful and there is so much to do!! We decided against an excursion for this one. Instead, we got off the ship, found a taxi, and went to Paradise Beach. We paid about $20 for us to all get in and have access to beach toys. I paid $200 for the dumpy place the day before. This beach was awesome and I would so go again and again!!

Coming into Cozumel

112_2215-Copy.jpg

112_2225-Copy.jpg

look at that blue water

112_2228.jpg

112_2231.jpg

112_2236.jpg

Archived