Cosol tours

chaching

Did a COSOL tour in December when we stopped there on a Celebrity Cruise.

quite frankly was one of the best tours I have ver been on.

There was about 3 vans that day and whilst we were not in COSOL's Van , Baptist was just as excellent , not only as a driver but also at providing information throughout the trip.

For the question posed an

Bout sandals We had a bag with us that had our sandals, beach towels and some other bits , started in our trainers and then were able to change depending upon where the stop was ie the beach stop we changed into our sandals.

COSOL tours is perhaps one of the most organized and well run island tours we have ever been on that was not cruise company run. And in fact was better value for money than the ship tours.

Did a COSOL tour in December when we stopped there on a Celebrity Cruise.

quite frankly was one of the best tours I have ver been on.

There was about 3 vans that day and whilst we were not in COSOL's Van , Baptist was just as excellent , not only as a driver but also at providing information throughout the trip.

For the question posed an

Bout sandals We had a bag with us that had our sandals, beach towels and some other bits , started in our trainers and then were able to change depending upon where the stop was ie the beach stop we changed into our sandals.

COSOL tours is perhaps one of the most organized and well run island tours we have ever been on that was not cruise company run. And in fact was better value for money than the ship tours.

Thanks! It was helpful.

Another big thumbs up for COSOL' s tour. This was our first ever island tour in Dec 2012 and it is the one we measured all the rest against on the cruise. None came close. We were lucky enough to have Cosol as the driver and we had a blast. He is knowledgeable, funny, and passionate about his country. Plus, the breakfast with local foods and the best bread I've had in along time coupled with the "blue bus" we're icing on the cake. When we do our next Southern Caribbean cruise, this will be the first tour I book. And that seems to be the norm because of the 10 of us in the van for the tour, only 4 of us were first timers -- all the rest were repeat business.

I've been researching Cosol and James tours. Do these vans have windows? It's one thing to drive around for hours when you can look out the window. It's another if you can't see outside except for the front windshield. I don't get car sick if I can see out, but I'm concerned because some of the reviews indicate that the vans are "windowless".

I've been researching Cosol and James tours. Do these vans have windows? It's one thing to drive around for hours when you can look out the window. It's another if you can't see outside except for the front windshield. I don't get car sick if I can see out, but I'm concerned because some of the reviews indicate that the vans are "windowless".

All 3x we've used Cosol, the vans all have windows. Enjoy!

We are also looking into this tour for later this year!

Quick question: Are there any/many restroom stops along the way? With an all day tour and lots of drinking, just want to make sure we have access to facilities.

Thanks!

Yes there are a couple of stops where you are able to use a restroom. The ones I can remember are the stops where you eat some local food, The volcano stop, and also the waterfalls stop.

Used Cosol in 2008 AND WILL BE USING HIM AGAIN for our 8/4 Valor cruise.

He is the BEST and we were lucky enough to actually have him as our tour guide - not sure why we got so lucky to have him, but this is why we are going to use him again.

You will not go wrong using Cosol.

We are also looking into this tour for later this year!

Quick question: Are there any/many restroom stops along the way? With an all day tour and lots of drinking, just want to make sure we have access to facilities.

Thanks!

They are very accommodating and will tell you when the next stop does not have any facilities.

But basically most all the stops had decent public washrooms

Considering Cosol for our excursion in St. Lucia. Will this hold the interest of a 14 and 12 year old? They would love to zipline, but I can't afford to pay that much, especially since we will zipline in NC later in the summer for half the cost. So, would Cosol tours be fun for this age?

I think the children will enjoy the tour.

Cosol is VERY entertaining and he make numerous stop for food, of which it will be like having a feast.

He can also customize the tour like he did for us. If there are things that you want or don't want to do, just ell him.

St. Lucia is our favorite caribbean island - and having Cosol show it to us during our first ever visit made it even better.

If you are lucky enough to actually have him as your guide, it will be that much better.

Just back from our Feb 2/13 cruise, and we did enjoy this tour. A real highlight was the main meal that consisted entirely of local cooking.

There were toilets at almost every stop, but most required a payment of $1 US. There is a lot of riding in the van (yes, there are windows) because some of the points of interest are quite a distance from the pier. But the trip is well-planned with stops spaced out so you're not sitting in the van for long periods. A word of warning. A couple of people got car-sick in our group. Take something for motion sickness if this could be an issue for you. The road is very twisty with lots of ups and downs and hairpin curves.

Edited by wassup4565

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great time on cosols tour. Baptist was our driver and he was great. Very knowledgeable. The bread on the way back was amazing. I definitely recommend it, it's well worth the money. The only thing is the car ride on the way back was long! If you are prone to motion sickness I would take a pill for the ride home.

• 1 month later...
We had a great time on cosols tour. Baptist was our driver and he was great. Very knowledgeable. The bread on the way back was amazing. I definitely recommend it, it's well worth the money. The only thing is the car ride on the way back was long! If you are prone to motion sickness I would take a pill for the ride home.

depending on where you end the tour, you can take a speedd boat back to the pier for a few $$ more like we did.

BUT, this is no ride for the faint of heart. It was a VERY bumpy ride and some of my people had some neck and back pain at the end....

We were fortunate enough to have Cosol as our guide earlier in March and it was wonderful. He makes sure everyone is having a good time. We had my 15-month grandson along and as soon as Cosol found out he loves bananas, he got him about 5. We had a wonderful day.

I think the children will enjoy the tour.

Cosol is VERY entertaining and he make numerous stop for food, of which it will be like having a feast.

He can also customize the tour like he did for us. If there are things that you want or don't want to do, just ell him.

St. Lucia is our favorite caribbean island - and having Cosol show it to us during our first ever visit made it even better.

If you are lucky enough to actually have him as your guide, it will be that much better.

Thank you for your reply!

Sent from my Samsung GS3

Just back from our Feb 2/13 cruise, and we did enjoy this tour. A real highlight was the main meal that consisted entirely of local cooking.

There were toilets at almost every stop, but most required a payment of $1 US.

Thank you for pointing out the bathroom stops. Always a concern with kids in tow!

Sent from my Samsung GS3

Edited by HeatherJA

• 11 months later...
We were fortunate enough to have Cosol as our guide earlier in March and it was wonderful. He makes sure everyone is having a good time. We had my 15-month grandson along and as soon as Cosol found out he loves bananas, he got him about 5. We had a wonderful day.

Thank you for posting this. We were considering this tour and our son will be 23 months at the time. My concern was at 7 hour duration, but with so many stops, it should be enjoyable for him. And he LOVES bananas, especially the small ones!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We just did this last week. Four out of the six in our group loved the tour and thought it was one of the best tours they had ever done. It was seven hours long. My husband and I both thought it was too long. For my husband, though, a foodie, the local food redeemed the tour for him. // I think I'm the only one who really didn't like it. I was in the back seat and was feeling car sick near the end when we were driving longer distances and couldn't really see the horizon that well with the curvy mountain road. That last 45 minutes seemed like forever to me, and I was so happy to get out of the van and on the boat. // My husband and I personally both prefer shorter tours -- two or three hours in length is ideal for us. I loved the shorter tours that I did on this cruise, the diving I did, the snorkeling I did, and Maho Beach for photography. // For me, this was my least favorite tour and island on the entire cruise. But I'm definitely in the minority.

I'm going to try Vinegar in the washer with our swim suit now that I'm home, but if you do the sulfur mud baths, you might need to buy a new swim suit. After washing our suits on the ship, they still smelled like sulfur.

If you are a person who like to see everything / do everything this tour does that and is pretty inexpensive if you don't count the cost of a new bathing suit. lol

Edited by kathy884

I have to agree that I thought the tour was just good but not great. Lots and lots of time in the van. Our driver though (Bumpy) was great! He brought ginger candy for anyone who felt motion sick. That was a life saver.

I think I was over all disappointed with St Lucia. Having see the resorts there, I expected a little more from the island. Next time I would probably just do a day pass to Sandals or something similar.