Buying Liquor on Zuiderdam

bbking

On ZUD last year, we were able to buy liquor in the gift shop and take to our cabin during the cruise; this is the first cruise ship I've experienced that let's passengers do this. Does anyone know if this is still the policy? Twenty of us are cruising on the ZUD again this year and want to do the same if still allowed.

New rules on purchasing liquor in the gift shops and taking it back to your cabin, you are not able to do that now. On my Rotterdam cruise last month, we saw lots of people buying liquor on the islands and bringing it onboard with no problem. I assume you would also be able to get into your cabin if you put it in your checked luggage, just wrap it good.

From what I hear, HAL has a package deal where you order whatever liquor you want for your cabin ahead of time and they will deliver it to your cabin.

Hope this helps.

icon_wink.gif bbking

HAL abruptly changed this policy in Feb without any notice to passengers. They embarrased many people when they went to embark on the ships and when they returned from shore excursions.

If you call ship services at 1-800-541-1576 you order certain packages before you begin your cruise.

You can no longer buy alcohol in the ship's boutiques for in-cabin consumption.

When you get on the ship you should have a list of what you can order from room service (we posted this list a few weeks ago on the HAL board). This list is different from what you can order by phone.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Archived