Choosing a wine without a wine list

uk1

Hi uk1

I laughed when I saw your post because I was looking for just the thing and came across your post from 2004 when I googled.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php?t-77896.html

I bet there isn't a wine on that list that is available. Also someone mentioned in the same thread to ask for a complimentary wine list when boarding (I guess that isn't available either.)

This will be our first cruise with Silversea next year. Can you order a bottle of wine for your cabin as well as the dining room, if you find one that you like?

Snowbird

To each his/her own. Being a humble peasant I don't need a wine list. A Bass Ale at lunch and a red wine at dinner, with the option of a good single malt whiskey, followed by a glass of port, is all I ask of Silversea. Can't read the foriegn words on a wine list anyway.

Yes, you can order the wine you like in your cabin. Just call room service. I am very fond of the Santa Margharita Pinot Grigio and order when I want.

I am very happy to hear that I can have the Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio in my suite. It actually is one of the more expensive Pinot Grigio's in the Reno/Sparks, NV area, and goes for about $24-26 a bottle! It has a very nice crisp taste.

I am very happy to hear that I can have the Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio in my suite. It actually is one of the more expensive Pinot Grigio's in the Reno/Sparks, NV area, and goes for about $24-26 a bottle! It has a very nice crisp taste.

I don't mean to change this thread into a discussion of wines, but I couldn't resist sharing the name of a wine from a vineyard adjacent to Santa Margherita which is quite similar in taste, but about half the price. The name is Barone Fini pinot grigio.

I have never had a problem requesting a different wine from those being offered by Silversea. On one occasion, I went through three choices before finding one I liked. The second one offered had gone bad - even the sommelier agreed. On our upcoming cruise, I plan on writing down the names of each of the wines offered and rating them so I can look for those I liked when I get home. I like the wide variety of wines that they offer. At home, I usually stick to French or Italian wines, so it is nice to get a chance to taste wines from South Africa, Chile, Australia, California, Oregon, etc.

Sante!

on our recent Alaska cruise if we were served a complimentary wine selection which was undrinkable(i.e.bad) we kept trying until we found something we liked. I usually asked to try both the white and red selections for the evening. In the main dining room we got to know Jovie, a wonderful wine waitress. She would bring a bottle to the table, open it in front of us and leave it on the table-no problem . Not all the wine waiters do this but we had such fun with her that we requested her section all the time.

on our recent Alaska cruise if we were served a complimentary wine selection which was undrinkable(i.e.bad) we kept trying until we found something we liked. I usually asked to try both the white and red selections for the evening. In the main dining room we got to know Jovie, a wonderful wine waitress. She would bring a bottle to the table, open it in front of us and leave it on the table-no problem . Not all the wine waiters do this but we had such fun with her that we requested her section all the time.

I'm so glad to hear that Jovie is still on board the Shadow. We sailed with her last December and thought she did a wonderful job. I hope she'll be there for our upcoming cruises in September.

Does anyone know if Gerardo is still the bartender in the lounge on 8? Also, is Marcello still the maitre d' in La Terrazza?

Archived