Platinum Member

Jospen

Some all inclusives include the gratuities.

Some all inclusives include some shore excursions.

Most all inclusives have much less entertainment and activities than Princess.

Agreed. Much less entertainment and activities, may include gratuities and some shore excursions and charge three to four times what Princess charges... So, if the OP wants to go that route, that is fine, if he or she can afford the $3,000 to $5,000 per person for a 7-day cruise!

Personally, I would rather cruise three or four times a year versus the one time cruise on the all inclusive!

Agreed. Much less entertainment and activities, may include gratuities and some shore excursions and charge three to four times what Princess charges... So, if the OP wants to go that route, that is fine, if he or she can afford the $3,000 to $5,000 per person for a 7-day cruise!

Personally, I would rather cruise three or four times a year versus the one time cruise on the all inclusive!

Just to respond (as the OP).......bearing in mind we are from the UK. In total, we just paid over £4,200 each for a 16 day cruise. So I think I am justified in saying that I can get better value elsewhere with some research...

Just to respond (as the OP).......bearing in mind we are from the UK. In total, we just paid over £4,200 each for a 16 day cruise. So I think I am justified in saying that I can get better value elsewhere with some research...

That is a lot of money... But, for a 16-day on an all inclusive, you can count on $6,000 to $8,000 per person in an ocean view "suite," but if you can afford it, I am sure you will enjoy the experience. Crystal Cruises, Seabourn, Silverseas and Regent do offer these all inclusive...

I just checked the Crystal website. For a 12-day Caribbean, fares begin at $3,500... for a 14-day, fares begin at $7,000, and this is for US residents. I don't know if they also charge more when you are in the UK.

Good luck to you.

Archived