Platinum Member

Jospen

We are 3 nights away from Platinum status. Our next cruise is 16 nights. When will Platinum status start? Will I have some free internet on the next cruise. :)

Your Captain's circle status will not change until you complete this cruise. You will be platinum for the next cruise. No changes are made "mid-cruise".

We are 3 nights away from Platinum status. Our next cruise is 16 nights. When will Platinum status start? Will I have some free internet on the next cruise. :)

Status changes are effective at the end of a cruise. You will not be platinum until you complete the 16 day cruise.

any internet usage on this cruise you have to pay for

You may be lucky, and the cc rep might move you up mid cruise. I was moved up from platinum to elite mid cruise.

you were very lucky as you are not allowed to be moved mid cruise.....this is from princess

Question: What happens when I hit a cruise day milestone in the middle of my cruise?

Answer: Completing 50 cruise days to become Platinum or 150 cruise days to become Elite is certainly a milestone to be celebrated. However, we cannot change your tier status mid-cruise. Upon completion of that cruise you will receive your new Member Pack with your Member benefits card and pin. On your next Princess voyage we'll look forward to welcoming you back at your new tier level!

Was that in the middle of a segment or after completing one segment of a B2B?

No regular 10 day caribbean cruise, went to see the cc rep on day 2 of the cruise to ask how many days i was on, she said i was on 147 days, come back in 3 days and she will change me to elite. So 3 days later went back, got upgraded, mini bar delivered, laudry etc

No regular 10 day caribbean cruise, went to see the cc rep on day 2 of the cruise to ask how many days i was on, she said i was on 147 days, come back in 3 days and she will change me to elite. So 3 days later went back, got upgraded, mini bar delivered, laudry etc

you were lucky to get that mid cruise, if they gave it to you how many else have received it....maybe the CC rep didnt know the rules

She knew the rules, guess she was just being nice
If they do it for one, they should do it for everyone. I was on a 14-day cruise and would have qualified after only the first two days. No amount of begging or pleading made a difference.

The only exception would be if you were on a cruise that was also sold as a B2B. Otherwise, they are not supposed to do it and if I found out someone had been given the perks when they weren't qualified to do so, I'd write letters and raise he** because it isn't fair.

She knew the rules, guess she was just being nice

a lot of people reach platinum/elite half way thru a cruise but they cant get the extra status until they have completed that cruise so you should not have got it..... i still think the cc rep didnt know the rules

If they do it for one, they should do it for everyone. I was on a 14-day cruise and would have qualified after only the first two days. No amount of begging or pleading made a difference.

The only exception would be if you were on a cruise that was also sold as a B2B. Otherwise, they are not supposed to do it and if I found out someone had been given the perks when they weren't qualified to do so, I'd write letters and raise he** because it isn't fair.

As I tell my grandkids and my kids before them and my parents told me, life isn't fair. They can do whatever they want for whoever they want. Look at all the perks a frequent poster on CC talks about getting from his "friends." For myself, I planned on having exactly 150 days at the end of my next cruise so I will be elite on my cruise to Hawaii in November.

As I tell my grandkids and my kids before them and my parents told me, life isn't fair. They can do whatever they want for whoever they want. Look at all the perks a frequent poster on CC talks about getting from his "friends." For myself, I planned on having exactly 150 days at the end of my next cruise so I will be elite on my cruise to Hawaii in November.

Amen....

• 1 month later...

Recently returned and we are now Platinum status. Disappointingly, the only perk for us is some free internet minutes. We noticed costs have risen considerably and our onboard account was extremely high. When taking the costs of internet minutes (we normally buy approx 350 mins), excursions, drinks and gratuities, we are seriously considering an all inclusive line next time.

The platinum status benefits are not enough to keep us I'm afraid.

You may be lucky, and the cc rep might move you up mid cruise. I was moved up from platinum to elite mid cruise.

On my last cruise, to Alaska last June, I received my Platinum pin & card in the middle of my cruise. There was an envelope laying on my bed one afternoon when I returned to my cabin with the new grade items in it.

Recently returned and we are now Platinum status. Disappointingly, the only perk for us is some free internet minutes. We noticed costs have risen considerably and our onboard account was extremely high. When taking the costs of internet minutes (we normally buy approx 350 mins), excursions, drinks and gratuities, we are seriously considering an all inclusive line next time.

The platinum status benefits are not enough to keep us I'm afraid.

By all means... You should expect to pay about $3,000 per person for a 7-day cruise, at a minimum. If you can afford it, more power to you!

We greatly enjoyed the platinum minutes on our Hawaii cruise, it was great. We do budget for about $100 onboard expenses per day, including gratuities, excursions, drinks. So for us, it makes sense to sail with Princess as we could not justify the cost of an all inclusive... From time to time, we do the UBD or the Chef's Table, and sometimes when the budget is tight, we do not spend extra on these.

If some of your expenses were for photos or jewelry, or things like that, expect to have to pay for them on an all inclusive. The only thing you would get on an all inclusive is alcohol. If you drink that much, then it would make sense to sail with an all inclusive line versus the mass market lines.

Happy sailings wherever you choose to go.

The only thing you would get on an all inclusive is alcohol.

Some all inclusives include the gratuities.

Some all inclusives include some shore excursions.

Most all inclusives have much less entertainment and activities than Princess.

When you count the FCC OBC ($100), Shareholders OBC ($100), Military OBC ($100), Loyalty OBC ($50), any TA OBC, TA cruise discount, internet perk, and when Elite, the mini bar set up and laundry, I'm pretty satisfied with what I get from Princess for a 7 day cruise in an OUtside cabin.

When you count the FCC OBC ($100), Shareholders OBC ($100), Military OBC ($100), Loyalty OBC ($50), any TA OBC, TA cruise discount, internet perk, and when Elite, the mini bar set up and laundry, I'm pretty satisfied with what I get from Princess for a 7 day cruise in an OUtside cabin.

Like you, I think it is a pretty good program

Archived