Hotel in Barcelona

dons44

Did you bid on your hotel in BCN?

Looking at hotels for 2 night post cruise but I need 2 rooms that sleep 3 adults each:)

I read that bidding is great in US which I often us but not good in Europe plus read many negative reviews about one of the 4 star hotels that was on hotwire and priceline so opted to book direct. Got good price and fabulous area; right down town and reviews were excellent on Hotel Regina.

I read that bidding is great in US which I often us but not good in Europe plus read many negative reviews about one of the 4 star hotels that was on hotwire and priceline so opted to book direct. Got good price and fabulous area; right down town and reviews were excellent on Hotel Regina.

I use priceline for the USA and Canada too but would be worried about Europe ESP that I need 2 rooms for 3 people each this trip and then I need a room in Venice in October 2013. Will look at that hotel - thanks for the info

My friends & I decided on renting an apt instead of a regular hotel. Our apartment was located in the heart of Barcelona. We stayed at the Hostal Fontanella (“Old Town Apartments”, Fontanella 18, principal 2A, 08010 Barcelona, +34 93 302 1266). There we enjoyed a great location, fully furnished apartment equipped with everything you need for a 3 day stay in Barcelona, pre- or post-cruise . Our particular unit had 2 bedrooms, one with a queen-size and the other with 2 twin beds. It was very clean and well kept and had a wonderful little balcony where we enjoyed a bottle of wine from the family owned corner store. Its location was walking distance to most major tourist areas in Barcelona. And for the other locations the Metro (subway) is easily accessible and understandable for everyone. The ride from there to the Port of Barcelona was less than 15 minutes by cab.

My friends & I decided on renting an apt instead of a regular hotel. Our apartment was located in the heart of Barcelona. We stayed at the Hostal Fontanella (“Old Town Apartments”, Fontanella 18, principal 2A, 08010 Barcelona, +34 93 302 1266). There we enjoyed a great location, fully furnished apartment equipped with everything you need for a 3 day stay in Barcelona, pre- or post-cruise . Our particular unit had 2 bedrooms, one with a queen-size and the other with 2 twin beds. It was very clean and well kept and had a wonderful little balcony where we enjoyed a bottle of wine from the family owned corner store. Its location was walking distance to most major tourist areas in Barcelona. And for the other locations the Metro (subway) is easily accessible and understandable for everyone. The ride from there to the Port of Barcelona was less than 15 minutes by cab.

Can I ask how much you paid for this apartment for the 3 days?

• 2 weeks later...

Though I still need to get around to the official review on Trip Advisor, I'll put Casa Camper into the pool. It's a little quirky in design, but the price was very reasonable compared to others in the Las Ramblas area, and the service was top notch.

The 24 hour availability of snacks (soda, water, juice, sandwiches, small salads, etc) was a very welcome resource to have as well.

Which hotel did you book? We just booked Hotel Regina; very central and gets good reviews

I stayed at Hotel Regina last year and couldn't sleep because of the noise from the metro. Ask for a room that might be less affected by that noise.

This year, I stayed at Hotel Alma Barcelona, which is near Gaudi's Casa Batllo. It was a bit of a splurge, but the service was outstanding.

If you do want to stay at near the airport, I recommend the Renaissance Hotel Fira. It is brand new and outstanding. Extremely modern, awesome bathrooms, very cool. Right next to the Europa Fira Metro stop. You can be at La Ramblas (Catalunya stop) in 15 minutes. We stayed there on our way out of Barcelona after the cruise because we had a 7:30 am flight the next morning. The hotel and staff was fantastic! And the price was no more than a hotel on La Ramblas.

We enjoyed our stay at the H10 Raco del Pi just off the Ramblas in September and would definitely stay there again. The front desk staff were very courteous and nice and there was a good breakfast in the morning that we more than your typical continental breakfast.

We enjoyed our stay at the H10 Raco del Pi just off the Ramblas in September and would definitely stay there again. The front desk staff were very courteous and nice and there was a good breakfast in the morning that we more than your typical continental breakfast.

Saw the HI0 and it looked nice.

We got Hotel Regina through hotwire for an awesome price; total was $115. US. Fabulous location, just one shop down from the main Ramblas square; huge rooms; super small elevator; would only take 2 at a time with luggage but we never saw anyone else there. Would definitely stay there again.

Archived