Hotel in Barcelona

dons44

Can anyone suggest a hotel near the port or near the airport in Barcelona?

Why not near Las Ramblas rather than the port/airport..We stayed on Las Ramblas at Hotel 1898...amazing location and many to choose from in that area depending on your budget. Enjoy even the short time you will be there and make the most of it.

Can anyone suggest a hotel near the port or near the airport in Barcelona?

Ashland: Why not near Las Ramblas rather than the port/airport..We stayed on Las Ramblas at Hotel 1898...amazing location and many to choose from in that area depending on your budget. Enjoy even the short time you will be there and make the most of it.

Agree with Ashland and others about staying in Barcelona in order to maximize your time "soaking up" this great city with its super charm and character.

We did Barcelona last June with the plan of arriving a day early and staying a day extra in this great city after returning from our wonderful cruise enjoying the Med' date=' Italy, etc. It all worked so super well. You check out my live/blog for many more details on what we did in and around Barcelona, etc. Am over 102,000 views and appreciate those who have tuned in, asked questions, etc.

We had been in Barcelona in 1998 and stayed at the [b']Hotel Regincia Colon[/b] that is super convenient and is right around the corner from the famed, 700-year-old-plus Cathedral in this hip and historic town. Before our last June cruise, we stayed there again and it worked out super well. Its location is also very handy to La Rambla, other key attractions, catching the hop-on, hop-off bus, etc. This hotel website:

http://www.hotelregenciacolon.com

After our cruise, we wanted to sample a little different area and flavor for this charming town. I did some searching with Hotels.com and a couple of these other search site. We wanted both nice and at a good price. We got the four-star rated Hotel Onix Liceo. It is a botique hotel in a wonderfully restored old townhouse at Nou De La Rambla, 36 Barcelona, 08001. Their website is:

http://www.hotelonixliceo.com/en

This hotel was right up the street from the recently re-opened and restored Gaudi's Palau Guell (wonderful to tour and see!!) and 300 metres from Liceo Metro Station on Barcelona's Ramblas. This stylish hotel offers a sun terrace, lots of nice design features that blend traditional with modern art in its public spaces. Below are a couple pictures. One of their front and the other for one of its nice interior areas that opens to its open courtyard, lap pool, etc.

Below are some added exterior pictures for some other hotel options, including the Hotel Montecarlo Barcelona is at La Rambla, 124, By TravelAdvisor, it is ranked #2 of 535 hotels in Barcelona. It is withing easy walking distance from famed Mercat de la Boqueria marketplace, Placa Catalunya, etc. Also nearby to this other hotels in the area are Barcelona Cathedral and Gran Teatre del Liceu.

BOTTOM-LINE: There is no one perfect hotel for everyone in Barcelona. You have hundreds of good to very good options to consider. Prices will vary much from day-to-day depending on advance bookings, how busy will be this city, etc. Barcelona is now the world's fourth busiest cruise port, trailing only the traditional leaders in Florida. This town has a great, fairly handy and easy to use airport that is reasonable close to the main downtown. Unlike Rome and its cruise port, everything is close and handy in Barcelona. For your hotel choice, much depends on timing, pricing and what you most want to be near. Location is very important to save time and make it easier and quick to walk around and experience this great city. I would book something early, be covered. Then check back and see what other options become available at a better price, location. Consider your priorities and needs.

As noted below, the new W Hotel looks super with its unique exterior shape and great beach location, but it is not very handy to the wonderful and charming historic areas. Your choice!! I would use the search engines to get that right mix on price, quality and location to fit your personal interests, needs and budget.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 102,692 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here are two pictures from our four-star rated Hotel Onix Liceo. It right near Palau Guell and the La Rambla, key town market, etc. First is the exterior on this hotel. Second is a picture for part of its interior lobby that overlooks an open court area with lap pool, etc.:

BarcelonaHotelOnixFront.jpg

BarcelonaHotelOnixLobby.jpg

Here are three other hotel pictures/samples. The first two are right on the wonderful and ever scenic/interesting La Rambla, near the key town market, etc. First is the exterior of the highly-rated Hotel Monte Carlo. Second is a picture for the Hotel Nouvel. Finally is the wonderful-looking and very new W Hotel sitting right on the beach. BUT, however, this W Hotel is not very handy to reach the La Rambla and other older, historic areas in Barcelona. Much depends on which location best fits your needs and interests.:

BarcelonaHotelMonteCarlo.jpg

BarcelHotelNouvelFront.jpg

BarcelWhotel2.jpg

I would tell anyone to stay in Barcelona .We loved the hotel Curious it was close to everthing and had breakfast incl.

That's good to hear. We are booked at this hotel pre-cruise next May. I have never made hotel reservations this far in advance, but I'm glad I did - it's just one less thing to wonder about. Our Med. cruise can't come soon enough....hehe. :)

That's good to hear. We are booked at this hotel pre-cruise next May. I have never made hotel reservations this far in advance, but I'm glad I did - it's just one less thing to wonder about. Our Med. cruise can't come soon enough....hehe. :)

It is nothing fancy rooms are small(like most in europe) but it in a great spot right off Las ramblas and right next to the farmers market which is a dont miss spot. I am also from Phila area(Delco.) where are you from.If you have any more ques. about Barcelona Iwould be happy to help if I can.We were so glad we went early and had 3 full days in this wonderfull city. Good luck on your trip.

It is nothing fancy rooms are small(like most in europe) but it in a great spot right off Las ramblas and right next to the farmers market which is a dont miss spot. I am also from Phila area(Delco.) where are you from.If you have any more ques. about Barcelona Iwould be happy to help if I can.We were so glad we went early and had 3 full days in this wonderfull city. Good luck on your trip.

Oh, thank you. We live in NE Philly, right by NE Airport. This is why I luv Cruise Critic where we can connect with cruisers & share. Yes, the farmers market will be on the top of our list. Have a great weekend.

P.S.: Go Phillies!!!!:p

• 2 weeks later...

After much research we chose the K and K Hotel Picasso. It had all we needed..free breakfast, free wifi, many tv channels, pool, etc. Because we only have one 22 inch bag each, we were able to get to the port using public bus 14 (get t 10 ticket) and the port bus (3 euros pp) which took us right to our ship's terminal. It was a breeze.

The hotel has been open since June and already is up to number 15 on Trip Advisor. We emailed them in advance for advice about room selection, etc. It is very clean, has great beds, etc. We were able to use the metro at either the Arc De Triomph or Jaime stops. It is in the El Born area that has great restaurants. The rate was the most reasonable of all the hotels

I considered. and the front staff was very friendly

It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the city center but we used city bus 14 many times. It is in a relatively quiet area of the city. Barcelona rocks!

Just wondering if anyone has been happy with their hotels from bidding for them? One day stay... should we bid for North Las Ramblas or South?

I don't bid for hotels, but I would recommend north Las Ramblas, closer to Placa de Catalunya (central plaza, several metro lines, HOHO buses) and Eixample (lovely neighbourhood with nice walks and several Gaudi sites)

I would tell anyone to stay in Barcelona .We loved the hotel Curious it was close to everthing and had breakfast incl.

This is what we just booked for our cruise in May 2013. Looks GREAT

Thanks. Also on the hotel website its cheaper than if you book through hotels or booking .com etc. ALSo you can get a 15% discount for booking early. BUT they charge your card right awaya nd no cancellations for the cheaper rate. Fine with us as i have no need to cancel and for 108 euro with breakfast in a great location. Hotel Curious. Has great reviews

Which hotel did you book?'We just booked Hotel Regina; very central and gets good reviews

I just stayed at the Hotel Regina on 9/21- 9/22. Very nice hotel, room was nice size, bathroom was large. The only thing is the elevator is very very small. I loved this Hotel

I just stayed at the Hotel Regina on 9/21- 9/22. Very nice hotel, room was nice size, bathroom was large. The only thing is the elevator is very very small. I loved this Hotel

Nice to hear; thanks for taking time to reply

We stayed at the Hotel Barcelona Universal, a couple of blocks off Las Ramblas, and would stay again without hesitation. Short taxi ride to the port. I will say, though, we made this choice out of concern for noise, etc on Las Ramblas. In retrospect staying there really should be no issue. You will enjoy Barcelona!

Archived